If not 'Manure', then who?

At the moment I think we are on a par with any club in the prem

Therefore games against the old established top 4 will be the hardest and are anybody's to win or lose.

We are as good as utd on our day and as good as chelski on our day but we have to beat them to prove that we have the consistancy to be title contenders.

Having said that a draw at OT next Sunday would be a good result considering current league position.

I do think Liverpool have picked up again and are therefore shouldnt be written off but the title is definitely between us utd and chelski

It has been a fairly kind fixture list up until now. Napoli and Bayern are teams that could finish in our top 4 and caused us loads of problems. I know we were on top for good periods in both games but we didn't win them and i see this as a good gauge on where we are. Its great to be top but winning the league is probably just beyond us this season. The league is a marathon not a sprint and we have just taken the lead at the beginning, holding on is the hard part

It has been said on numerous occassions that it isnt your games against the so called established order that win you the title its your games against everyone else united historically have had a very poor record against the top four but they put everyone else to the sword and thats what has won them titles

mancboy123 said:
It has been said on numerous occassions that it isnt your games against the so called established order that win you the title its your games against everyone else united historically have had a very poor record against the top four but they put everyone else to the sword and thats what has won them titles

exactly... chelsea away last year (first half only though) is the only match I remember United not putting their pants down and hope fore a miracle draw on big away PL match (like on Saturday at Anfield)... it's not like that only at WHL as Spurs put their pants down as soon as United players leave their homes in Manchester

Winning small matches is the key for title... 3 points from 2-matches clashes against top teams is often enough if small matches are regularly won

It still feels good to win those matches though

The scum game will be extremely tough and a draw would be a good result for us.Just as it would be away at any of the top teams. It's too early to get carried away as it's true that we havent really had many hard games yet.

Whilst the signs are good I won't be getting over excited for another 10 games or so yet.

Am I the only one thinking everyone has the potential to take points off us? There are no roll overs.

dom12345 said:
Am I the only one thinking everyone has the potential to take points off us? There are no roll overs.

Yup!

If you had inverted it and said we can take points off anyone then I would have agreed with you. I am not getting giddy but I have not seen a better side than us in the pemiership this year.

We can beat anyone (premiership), being City we won't when we should, but we can.

I actually think it will be chelsea & ourselves who will fight out the finish,see nothing the rags have to offer to trouble us,sure we may not win on sunday as many dont at the swamp...

Spurs game away was a tough game what I remember is that spurs were the better team and on top for 25 to 30 minutes and they could of scored 1 or 2 goals. But once we scored we controlled the game and battered them...

BlueTony said:
dom12345 said:

Yup!

If you had inverted it and said we can take points off anyone then I would have agreed with you. I am not getting giddy but I have not seen a better side than us in the pemiership this year.

We can beat anyone (premiership), being City we won't when we should, but we can.
Obviously we can beat anyone on the day in the premiership, but my point is anyone can take points of us, home or away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.