If there is 1 player....

Always wanted to post this on here. If we think back to where we were in the Kendall and Peter Reid era when we finished in 5th and 6th positions and then hastily sacked Peter Reid, have a look at the players. We had one glaring fault in the team of that era, a totally unbalanced midfield/ lack of a genuine quality playmaker, Number 10 etc. The midfield consisted of willing runners, tacklers and hard workers such as Reid himself, Mcmahon, Brennan, Ward even Ian Brightwell at times.
For a lot of this period our main tactic appeared to be Coton up field for a big Niall flick on and David White to score.

I would have loved to have put Matt Le Tissier in that side. I am certain we could have a built a team around him and we would hae stayed top six more or less throughout the Nineties.

as much as i despise the man but roy keane would have given a root up the hole to any of them overpaid tossers we've had over the years

Maradona by a absolute mile. There's no doubt Zidane was a great player but Maradona won the World Cup virtually on his own in 86, and helped Napoli (a midtable team at the time) to Serie A & European success which they'd never achieved before in their history.

If he was playing today he'd proberly cost Around £250M easily. Simply a genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.