If Valencia buy a new striker....

Funny that, how all of these supposed ITK's list their insider knowledge and all of them have the provision that "said" player will sign once his club have purchased a replacement first.
In this case how are Valencia, a club in massive financial straights, going to purchase someone without us buying Villa first. Or are our astute owners gullible enough to give Valencia the money first on the agreement that we then can buy Villa and whatever they spend comes out of the fee?
Don't think so.

Bongo Joe said:
feedthegoat said:
Never going to happen. David Villa has said on numerous occasions he wants to remain in Spain. He will go to Barca or Madrid at the end of the season. I don't believe he would even consider us at the moment.
....except in circumstances where the future of the club is at risk. He has Valencia's best interests at heart and if they're on the brink of going under then he'll save them and leave wherever. We have to money to do it and no matter where we are in the table or how bad we're playing then we have a chance of getting him.
Even if Valencia want to sell him he doesn't have to agree to move to City. I've heard Guillem Balague discuss it more than once and he dismissed Citys chances of signing Villa in January and he had spoken to David Villa about it.

super_city_si said:
Funny that, how all of these supposed ITK's list their insider knowledge and all of them have the provision that "said" player will sign once his club have purchased a replacement first.
In this case how are Valencia, a club in massive financial straights, going to purchase someone without us buying Villa first. Or are our astute owners gullible enough to give Valencia the money first on the agreement that we then can buy Villa and whatever they spend comes out of the fee?
Don't think so.

Send them out Vass on a freebie .... I'll even chip in the airfare and drive him to the airport !!

super_city_si said:
Don't think so.
Maybe they'll agree everything with us and they're new signing and then put the Villa deal through first. Get the 30+ million and then buy the replacement for around £10-15m. Not that hard. Maybe they just need to line up a replacement and agree everything rather than actually buy them. I was probably wrong with the thread title.

feedthegoat said:
Bongo Joe said:
feedthegoat said:
Never going to happen. David Villa has said on numerous occasions he wants to remain in Spain. He will go to Barca or Madrid at the end of the season. I don't believe he would even consider us at the moment.
....except in circumstances where the future of the club is at risk. He has Valencia's best interests at heart and if they're on the brink of going under then he'll save them and leave wherever. We have to money to do it and no matter where we are in the table or how bad we're playing then we have a chance of getting him.
Even if Valencia want to sell him he doesn't have to agree to move to City. I've heard Guillem Balague discuss it more than once and he dismissed Citys chances of signing Villa in January and he had spoken to David Villa about it.
I know, i'm pretty sure Villa doesn't want to come here but if the move will save the club then he's said he will consider it and give it his all for the sake of Valencia.

Bongo Joe said:
...that is the time to get excited. Apparently that is the agreement. Villa will come when they have got someone lined up to replace him.

About what week we are in is open to interpretation, however Valencia will hold out for as long as possible until they get someone else in. Man city are aware of this and agreed to it. So calm down mate.

That's from toffeesforme over at Citymancs who's cousins is a goalkeeping coach at Valencia, used to work for Liverpool. Says we agreed terms before Xmas and it was set to go through this week. Obviously now Valencia want to look for a replacement and City have agreed to wait until then.

BJ, did he reveal that his brother was the goalkeeping coach? I, being a sad twat myself, went on the Valencia site and noticed that their goalkeeping coach had been at Anfield with Rafa.I wondered whether this was the cousin alluded to. Anyway, I googled him and tried to get some links to family in Liverpool etc. and got bugger all. I guess, if the story is true, when he moved to Anfield he would have formed strong friendships with family already settled in the Liverpool area, and hence, Toffees-for-me?

It all seems too good to be true and probably is?!

Bongo Joe said:
super_city_si said:
Don't think so.
Maybe they'll agree everything with us and they're new signing and then put the Villa deal through first. Get the 30+ million and then buy the replacement for around £10-15m. Not that hard.
maybe we have paid half the fee now so they can reppace him

Bongo Joe said:
feedthegoat said:
Bongo Joe said:
feedthegoat said:
I know, i'm pretty sure Villa doesn't want to come here but if the move will save the club then he's said he will consider it and give it his all for the sake of Valencia.
When has he said this? Everything I've seen from David Villa and i mean quotes not paper talk has said he would not leave Spain and that he is very happy at Valencia. If anyone wants a bet on Villa signing for City in January I will take it.

BLOOMUEN said:
Bongo Joe said:
...that is the time to get excited. Apparently that is the agreement. Villa will come when they have got someone lined up to replace him.

About what week we are in is open to interpretation, however Valencia will hold out for as long as possible until they get someone else in. Man city are aware of this and agreed to it. So calm down mate.

That's from toffeesforme over at Citymancs who's cousin is a goalkeeping coach at Valencia, used to work for Liverpool. Says we agreed terms before Xmas and it was set to go through this week. Obviously now Valencia want to look for a replacement and City have agreed to wait until then.

BJ, did he reveal that his brother was the goalkeeping coach? I, being a sad twat myself, went on the Valencia site and noticed that there goalkeeping coach had been at Anfield with Rafa.I wodered whether this was the cousin alluded to. Anyway, I googled him and tried to get some links to family in Liverpool etc. and got bugger all. I guess, if the story is true, when he moved to Anfield he would have formed strong friendships with family already settled in the Liverpool area, and hence, Toffees-for-me?

Yeah that's it mate, it's his cousin. If you go on the Valencia site and go on coaches, they have a goalkeeping goach and his origin says "Liverpool" while all the others say "Valencia CF".

Bongo Joe said:
BLOOMUEN said:
Bongo Joe said:

That's from toffeesforme over at Citymancs who's cousin is a goalkeeping coach at Valencia, used to work for Liverpool. Says we agreed terms before Xmas and it was set to go through this week. Obviously now Valencia want to look for a replacement and City have agreed to wait until then.

BJ, did he reveal that his brother was the goalkeeping coach? I, being a sad twat myself, went on the Valencia site and noticed that there goalkeeping coach had been at Anfield with Rafa.I wodered whether this was the cousin alluded to. Anyway, I googled him and tried to get some links to family in Liverpool etc. and got bugger all. I guess, if the story is true, when he moved to Anfield he would have formed strong friendships with family already settled in the Liverpool area, and hence, Toffees-for-me?

Yeah that's it mate, it's his cousin. If you go on the Valencia site and go on coaches, they have a goalkeeping goach and his origin says "Liverpool" while all the others say "Valencia CF".
if you wiki him, hes spanish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.