If we don't hear anything today....

Even if we signed Villa today its asking a lot for him to start the game on Saturday and be and instant match winner.

any new players from abroad are going to take a minimum of 6 months to settle in and get used to the prem.

M35 Blue said:
Hughes said today it takes time to get players in after speaking to the club, agent etc......Spurs in the space of 24 hours went from having a bid rejected to Defoe being paraded on the pitch the next day!!

Not the best example to use, as it was probably the same people who negotiated a year ago. Not so hard to do also with a club as desperate as Portsmouth are.

bluespana said:
M35 Blue said:
Hughes said today it takes time to get players in after speaking to the club, agent etc......Spurs in the space of 24 hours went from having a bid rejected to Defoe being paraded on the pitch the next day!!

Not the best example to use, as it was probably the same people who negotiated a year ago. Not so hard to do also with a club as desperate as Portsmouth are.

Yeah true

If pompey are that desperate we should have put in a bid for Diarra before Real for example. I know we were going to, I posted something ages ago about my dad being on a golf day with Cook, and being assured it was almost certainly going to go through....just seems like we didn't get our act together on that one an Real did. I just hope we don't do that all window, thats all.

dancity19 said:
If pompey are that desperate we should have put in a bid for Diarra before Real for example. I know we were going to, I posted something ages ago about my dad being on a golf day with Cook, and being assured it was almost certainly going to go through....just seems like we didn't get our act together on that one an Real did. I just hope we don't do that all window, thats all.

I can´t stress enough. It´s Real Madrid...not Luton Town. Portsmouth sold an important player before the window opened because they are desperate. The player chose to go Madrid cos they´ve got a certain reputation and are playing the Champs Lge.

bluespana said:
dancity19 said:

I can´t stress enough. It´s Real Madrid...not Luton Town. Portsmouth sold an important player before the window opened because they are desperate. The player chose to go Madrid cos they´ve got a certain reputation and are playing the Champs Lge.

thats not the case city wouldnt offer the same as real so they didnt get a chane to talk to diarra so

bluespana said:
dancity19 said:

I recognise this, but surely if we had ben quick about it, and made a bid...which Pompey accepted, he would have been our player, regardless of Real, cos OUR bid would have been accpeted. I understand what you are saying, If madrid bid for a player first, and the team accpets, of course the player will go to Real. But I know we were banking on getting him, and we were clearly too slow; that is my point.

Oooh, what are you gonna do? Write a letter?

Or maybe you're going to log back on here tomorrow, and keep watching Sky Sports News and being disappointed. We've waited months, a couple of weeks won't hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.