IF WE GET THROUGH...

liamctid

To the next round of the UEFA Cup, who of you that have missed the earlier rounds will show up?

And if not, why?

I've just spoken to an important member of Citys behind the scenes team and we were discussing why people are staying away from our European adventure. Personally I just want to know what it is thats putting people off? Is it because beer isn't sold? Is it because its on T.V.? Or is it down to money? And if thats the case with the money, then what price do you think the games should be?

It must be so frustrating for the club, as not even a supporter knows what the real answers are.

So come on, whats your answers/theories to all this?

i really wish i could get to more but its just simply a matter of money for me anyway. went to the twente and copenhagen game couldnt afford aalborg or psg games. nothing to do with the prices, just lack of money at that time. i would imagine its the same for alot of others too.

liamctid said:
To the next round of the UEFA Cup, who of you that have missed the earlier rounds will show up?

And if not, why?

I've just spoken to an important member of Citys behind the scenes team and we were discussing why people are staying away from our European adventure. Personally I just want to know what it is thats putting people off? Is it because beer isn't sold? Is it because its on T.V.? Or is it down to money? And if thats the case with the money, then what price do you think the games should be?

It must be so frustrating for the club, as not even a supporter knows what the real answers are.

Only the fans who don't go can answer that -

I've been to all the home games (so far) - Can't afford the away games (Saving for Instanbul - PLEASE)

What will piss me off will be if the stay aways are all season tickets holders who have had them longer than me they will have a better chance of getting tickets for the final than i will

I think every home game being on telly has a lot to do with it.

I've been to all the euro home games* and missed only 2 away but I can afford it. If someone's struggling and the match is live on ITV4, they're gonna save their money and watch it at home.

*Edit: forgot I missed the 'home' game in Barnsley.

look at the early rounds of the league cup, people just do not turn up, if it was the champs league i reckon that would just about pull in a few thousand extra...now watch them turn up for the later stages because they will

Its not just the UEFA cup its cup games in general.
Has been since we moved into this stadium.
The game against West Ham in the FA cup quarters 3 years ago when SP was in charge we only managed 33000 and i think there was 4-5000 West ham fans who was there.
A lot of season ticket holders are not prepared to either go to the ground, Phone the T/O etc to pay/book.

liamctid said:

And if not, why?

tbh mate i just think its a money thing. i went to schalke away and all home games but i wont be going to any more away games in europe this year unless we reach istanbul! it looks embarassing at our home games in europe but its hard for people to follow us home, away and home and away in europe as well due to the amount of money required!

its mostly a money thing, at the moment im struggling to get to home league matches never mind european matches. I know its not the same for everyone but im sure its the same for a majority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.