If we repeat the 6-1...

Johnsonontheleft

...or even better it, would you be really that gutted if they win the league this year?

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. When I watch the rags, I get utterly frustrated because week in week out I see the teams they play just roll over for them. Sloppy finishing and shite defending. I always wish we could play them every week.

Imagine if this season we got to play them 10 times in the league - we'd walk the title. We're so much better than them. Except when it comes to beating average teams away from home.

What's more important in life - the journey or the final destination? Life is what happens when you're making other plans. I'm making plans for celebrating the league title, meanwhile we're thumping them 6-1 at their place.

If we hammer them at home next month it will prove to me that we are the better team, and it will ease a LOT of the pain of seeing them lift the title again. Because it won't happen next season.

Johnsonontheleft said:
...or even better it, would you be really that gutted if they win the league this year?

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. When I watch the rags, I get utterly frustrated because week in week out I see the teams they play just roll over for them. Sloppy finishing and shite defending. I always wish we could play them every week.

Imagine if this season we got to play them 10 times in the league - we'd walk the title. We're so much better than them. Except when it comes to beating average teams away from home.

What's more important in life - the journey or the final destination? Life is what happens when you're making other plans. I'm making plans for celebrating the league title, meanwhile we're thumping them 6-1 at their place.

If we hammer them at home next month it will prove to me that we are the better team, and it will ease a LOT of the pain of seeing them lift the title again. Because it won't happen next season.

Honestly, I think that was a one off. But to answer your question, yes I would be gutted if they won the league this year... even if we beat them 10-0.

I'll always remember that day though. In their own back yard!

I enjoy beating United but I'm not obsessed by them. Ultimately they are just another team. So no, beating them twice 10-0 but still losing the title to them would not ease the pain. The 6-1 was a freak result that won us 3 points. I would gladly have taken a 2-1 at Old Trafford and used the other four goals at Fulham, Stoke, Liverpool and West Brom. That would have won us an extra 8 points!

Palerider said:
I enjoy beating United but I'm not obsessed by them. Ultimately they are just another team. So no, beating them twice 10-0 but still losing the title to them would not ease the pain. The 6-1 was a freak result that won us 3 points. I would gladly have taken a 2-1 at Old Trafford and used the other four goals at Fulham, Stoke, Liverpool and West Brom. That would have won us an extra 8 points!

Spot on post

Johnsonontheleft said:

Is this a joke?! If we beat the Rags in a record breaking 11-1 victory on April 30th - after a 1-6 victory at the Swamp in October - yet fail to win the Premier League title then both results will mean very very little to me, if anything at all!

I doubt there will be another 6-1 for a generation but no reason we can't do them 3-0 or 4-1 or something like that!

Johnsonontheleft said:

How do you know it wouldnt happen again next season?

I don't really care how much we beat them by... As long as we beat them, I'm happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.