If we sign eto'o could he wear 23?

Nobody should wear that shirt again, in the future when we win things the people who have jumped on the City bandwagon will look back on that number and think of Eto'o. I for one certainly don't want that to happen.

So lets say Eto'o comes to city and he gets the 23,

Countrymen etc. yes its a nice touch,

But if he does arrive here its for reportedly £250k a week (depending on who you read).
So lets leave compassion out of the equation, leave him to bang in 30 goals a season and keep the 23 retired for ever.

given that Eto'o is from Cameroon, I don't think he'd bat an eyelid at not being able to wear 23.

no you should keep this shirt retired forever for foe r.i.p
eto'o would be a good player but not good enough to take a shirt of foe's

Some very good points in this thread and all justly so..

Num 23 should be kept retired i agree. i was just opening a thread for debates sake.

I think the point about if we did get etoo and he scored 30 odd a season the new fans would only think of him was brilliant.

Cheers for pplz input

/thread

I would hope with Eto'o being Cameroon himself he would respect our decision to retire No 23 and would happily chose another number.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.