If we were Milan

As Liam said, you can buy at least 3 world class players for £100M if you are already one of the world's most prestigious clubs. Obviously we are not there yet and hence this option is not as straightforward. One day....

They will defo accept the bid. Its just whether kaka will want to come to us.

Kaka has been marginalised in the Milan team this year. Goofy is their main galactaco, and Pato their new starlet.

To be offered £100m for a player that is not their star turn any more, is money that could see them strengthen the weak areas of the team.

Im not convinced he will want to come though. Our league position and manager are the points that will cause any deal to collapse in my opinion

Prophet of Doom said:
They will defo accept the bid. Its just whether kaka will want to come to us.

Kaka has been marginalised in the Milan team this year. Goofy is their main galactaco, and Pato their new starlet.

To be offered £100m for a player that is not their star turn any more, is money that could see them strengthen the weak areas of the team.

Im not convinced he will want to come though. Our league position and manager are the points that will cause any deal to collapse in my opinion

...and no Champs League is probably an issue. Although Milan didn't qualify this year, next year is a lot more realistic for them than us. For a player of his quality, not featuring in the Champs League for successive seasons must be a wrench - commercially and in football terms.

But if we simply sold him the idea that he and Robinho are the ones we wish to build our team around and that if he signs for us, world class signings are bound to follow and that next season we will be going all out to win the league (I know thats fast but with the amount of money spent....) next season along with some cups then the ambition could overrule his desire to play in the CL and to tell him he could write his name into Manchester City history by being the leader of such an amazing era in the making may appeal.

He has achieved all he can at Milan. If he leaves, he will always be a legend at Milan. A fresh challenge may spark his desire to be the worlds best and hey, the money ain't bad either!

C_T_I_D said:
But if we simply sold him the idea that he and Robinho are the ones we wish to build our team around and that if he signs for us, world class signings are bound to follow and that next season we will be going all out to win the league (I know thats fast but with the amount of money spent....) next season along with some cups then the ambition could overrule his desire to play in the CL and to tell him he could write his name into Manchester City history by being the leader of such an amazing era in the making may appeal.

He has achieved all he can at Milan. If he leaves, he will always be a legend at Milan. A fresh challenge may spark his desire to be the worlds best and hey, the money ain't bad either!

Obviously, that's what I hope too, but I accept where we are at currently and look forward to the Kakas in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.