If we won the league who would care..

KolarovsLeftPeg

In the back garden burning my old Chelsea shirt.
Honestly, if we win the league, nobody will care about tonight, nobody will care about going out of the UCL and nobody will care about the FA Cup.

Everyone keeps going on and on like it's the end of the world. But at the start of the season every person here would've taken the league on it's OWN. Because that's the next step to doing what we want to do. We've won our first cup in years, now the league, then we can start thinking about doubles, maybe even domestic trebles, and trying to challenge in Europe.

Tonight was disappointing, but whilst it's disappointing to go out, the season is still very much alive and we're in the driving seat.

We will win the league. And when we do, night's like tonight will disappear in our memories.

tbh I have only just got over us winning the FA Cup and getting Champions League, if we win the League I will be celebrating for a whole year! I am just so nervous about every match atm :/

I'm with you on this.

That said, hard to fault the logic of others in terms of not playing best team tonight. Final against an average championship side.

Ofc tho, winning the league would eclipse the CC

As I said to a few people tonight, I am fed up of going to Wembley anyway ;-) I just want to win the league because that is more important.

And if we can get some non-bent referees we can do it. We have the best team and once we get Vinnie back we will be fine. He will steady the ship.

I was disappointed yes, but not down hearted.

RyantheBlue said:
Honestly, if we win the league, nobody will care about tonight, nobody will care about going out of the UCL and nobody will care about the FA Cup.

Everyone keeps going on and on like it's the end of the world. But at the start of the season every person here would've taken the league on it's OWN. Because that's the next step to doing what we want to do. We've won our first cup in years, now the league, then we can start thinking about doubles, maybe even domestic trebles, and trying to challenge in Europe.

Tonight was disappointing, but whilst it's disappointing to go out, the season is still very much alive and we're in the driving seat.

We will win the league. And when we do, night's like tonight will disappear in our memories.

Probably true what ur saying but after a game we are raw with emotion and with the ambition our club has we should be aiming and going all out to win EVERY Trophy. Look at Barca they treat the Coppa Del Rey with the same interest as the Champions League, all Trophy's matter. If we had won the domestic Treble this season that surely would've been better than winning just the Title. Even though winning the Title is huge.

Also we are not running away with the League, we are 3 points clear not 10 so in reality anything can happen. As we've seen ref decisions etc all come into play with such tight margins.

Have to agree, league was always the priority this season. Unfortunately there's still a little bit of 'typical City' left in me, which worries, rather than thinks, we'll miss out on the league.

Am sure these thoughts will disappear with Vince the Prince back against Everton!

intheknow! said:
RyantheBlue said:

Probably true what ur saying but after a game we are raw with emotion and with the ambition our club has we should be aiming and going all out to win EVERY Trophy. Look at Barca they treat the Coppa Del Rey with the same interest as the Champions League, all Trophy's matter. If we had won the domestic Treble this season that surely would've been better than winning just the Title. Even though winning the Title is huge.

Also we are not running away with the League, we are 3 points clear not 10 so in reality anything can happen. As we've seen ref decisions etc all come into play with such tight margins.

My point isn't that we shouldn't try to win everything, we should. But the panic on here is tremendous given that happiness levels would still be significantly higher than at the start of the season if we wrapped the league up.

brad the blue said:
I wouldn't. Although it hurts to lose to the dippers at the moment.

I get ya!

The Dippers really are shit and our players are soooo much better than theirs but I think the Carling Cup is their only hope for this season.

I can't wait (sarcasm) if Pool win the Carling Cup, the media reaction and the endless smug punditry/King Kenny/Saint Stevie G mass hysteria UNBEARABLE!! No doubt the Dippers will take over Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.