If you could study any subject, what would it be?

I think it will be coding and programming.
Many online courses in programing are available. And really - it's not rocket science. You can be an autodidact - easily so.

In high school I loved science and really loved computer programming. My father - however, led me to believe that computer science was not a field worth pursing because income wouldn't be high. How wrong he was!

So I ended up graduating as a chemical engineer - and never did any actual chemical engineer work - instead I was a part of the US nuclear engineer - mostly as a safety scientist - for the first 10 years of my professional life.

I got a job at Compaq after my safety-engineering role expired due to zero demand in the field - and to my surprise, I got a huge pay increase to boot - circa 1997 or so. Should I have been precinct, I could have joined Yahoo, or many other fledgeling companies and made millions and millions.
===
Anyhow, personal story aside - if you like programing and coding and are at all gifted in this - then self teaching to the point of proficiency is very achievable - at which point you can be sure of getting an interview which you'll pass and then join this field.

Many online courses in programing are available. And really - it's not rocket science. You can be an autodidact - easily so.

In high school I loved science and really loved computer programming. My father - however, led me to believe that computer science was not a field worth pursing because income wouldn't be high. How wrong he was!

So I ended up graduating as a chemical engineer - and never did any actual chemical engineer work - instead I was a part of the US nuclear engineer - mostly as a safety scientist - for the first 10 years of my professional life.

I got a job at Compaq after my safety-engineering role expired due to zero demand in the field - and to my surprise, I got a huge pay increase to boot - circa 1997 or so. Should I have been precinct, I could have joined Yahoo, or many other fledgeling companies and made millions and millions.
===
Anyhow, personal story aside - if you like programing and coding and are at all gifted in this - then self teaching to the point of proficiency is very achievable - at which point you can be sure of getting an interview which you'll pass and then join this field.
Ever been to the INL ?

I'm a math/science nut. I really, really enjoy both fields.

Were I to set the clock back some 40 years or so... and I could choose whatever field I liked... I think that I'd choose to study astrophysics or quantum mechanics - and would pursue a PhD in the field.

Ever been to the INL ?
Unfortunately not.

As an aside - I really very much dislike the eons-long environmental threat posed by nuclear waste - and I'm not at all inclined to believe that past nuclear power generation designs are safe enough for widespread deployment.

At the same time - climate change and how we respond to it is going the be the major issue facing society in the next 100 years or so.

Technology has advanced to the point - I believe - that safe nuclear reactors are now possible - and that mostly (entirely?) overcome the problem for eons-long radioactive waste disposal.

Nuclear energy driven electricity is available at all times - and does not emit any carbon into the atmosphere - nuclear power - to me - must form a major role in any realistic plan to reach net-zero carbon emission.

Last edited:
The improvements to mental health of eating mars bars from 25 year old vaginas.

I once ate a frozen Wispa out of a girls clopper after a night out. Ended up with me throwing up all over her and the bed.

Never mix chocolate and beer lads.

I once ate a frozen Wispa out of a girls clopper after a night out. Ended up with me throwing up all over her and the bed.

Never mix chocolate and beer lads.
And fish (LOL).

I want to come back as a tampon or tea towel so my subject to study is self combustion.

Contemporary Dance. It's already my life, so getting a grant, that would allow me to improve my understanding of the genre and allow me to take my interpretation of the world through dance, would bring unbridled joy to the masses, who, let's face it, have been fucked over far too long.

Jazz Hands

In the event funding is not forthcoming, if anybody would like to contribute to my quest to get the world dancing, please send me a pm and we can sort out how your money can make a difference.

No time wasters, or tap dancing cunts please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.