if you don't believe then don't tick

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
youre saying those 8.6m DIDNT tick "no religion"????

As a lunatic, I may be missing something but those 8.6 million presumably ticked no religion, which I assume is the box of choice for atheists.

as a lunatic you are missing something. Atheists should write atheist in the box at the bottom. Atheism is an active choice not the passive state of "no religion".<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 am --<br /><br />
tonea2003 said:
denislawsbackheel said:
As already stated I am a militant atheist and put atheist not no religion, which I consider a cop out. I can see how people may be utterly disinterested though and not respond at all.

that's as maybe but atheist is not on the census as you know, so to not put anything when no religion doesn't quite fit your criteria is a waste.
the more people that put no religion and give a true reflection of where people are at these days might make the government think on where they allocate funds etc.

Nonsense. How did the government know there were millions of Jedis after the last census?

denislawsbackheel said:
as a lunatic you are missing something. Atheists should write atheist in the box at the bottom. Atheism is an active choice not the passive state of "no religion".

Ah ok. Not being in the UK I haven't seen the form and most of the atheists on here have been recommending ticking no religion. I assumed the other options were for religions and as atheism isn't a religion, then no religion would have been the obvious choice.

Just out of interest what is the box at the bottom?

tonea2003 said:
peoffrey said:
I believe that is true.

City did used to be St. Mark's!

good out of bad then

The Anglican Church being a cult of some kind.

I swear my childhood Church experiences were so different to those Christian bashers out there.

Re: Re: if you don't believe then don't tick

denislawsbackheel said:
as a lunatic you are missing something. Atheists should write atheist in the box at the bottom. Atheism is an active choice not the passive state of "no religion".

-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 am --

tonea2003 said:
that's as maybe but atheist is not on the census as you know, so to not put anything when no religion doesn't quite fit your criteria is a waste.
the more people that put no religion and give a true reflection of where people are at these days might make the government think on where they allocate funds etc.

Nonsense. How did the government know there were millions of Jedis after the last census?

Millions is probably a bit generous, and perhaps I used the wrong term when I suggested that "votes" wouldn't be counted if spoiled....yes it will be noted how many jedis there are....but nothing will be taken into account....the government will not fairly apportion funding and resources to all the jedi facilities...."religions" will still have a skewed percentage of population, and benefit unfairly.

This can be said of other things that are measured by the census...not just religion.

Again, the point of this thread is to encourage people to complete it honestly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.