IF You DrinK You Will Die

cyberblue

If you dont drink you will Die ,so it better to be Drunk , than be Sober when you Die ,Just Like The fan of The Invisible Man We arent Really here .That is how the Original Version went .It All Started After a Lad in Prestwich Died While loads of us were on a Stag do .One Sunday lunchtime when we were on the Pi*s in the Forresters in Prestwich one of the lads sang it in tribute & it was then sung all Afternoon .Months later i organised a Couple of Coaches to watch City play Athlone & Cork in Ireland & When Pis*ed up we Kept singing it & also sang it at the Cork Supporters branch do .For Some mad strange Reason it caught on but without the Orginal Verse .It had absolutley nothing to do with football & all the other reasons people put about are just Myths which happen with the Passage of time .We used to sing it loads at our Branch meting s as well Regards Don Price ex Chairman P&W Branch

interesting if its true. i know that the story of how it started at the new den is complete bollox but i never knew the real reason. and if this isnt true how much of a fool am i?

What tune does it go to?

I can't see how it would fit the Invisible Man tune we use.

A TRUE FAN MASTERWIG.. A TRUE ARMCHAIR FAN YOU MUST BE,, CONGRATS
masterwig said:
What tune does it go to?

mcfc78 said:
masterwig said:
What tune does it go to?

Maybe not as old as you hey!? Iv never heard that version either and iv had a season ticket since I was 14 and until recently attended many away games each season!

mcfc78 said:
masterwig said:
What tune does it go to?

Yeah nice one.

It doesn't fit the fucking tune we use and I've never heard that old version.

Sorry to have offended you you fucking pillock.

Noone believed me when I posted this in the original thread:

I was told it's "rebirth" was at a Prestwich and Whitefield branch do, the funeral of one of the members, where the above version "If you drink, you will die..." etc was sung.

It then caught on when we were in divisions 1 and 2 in the 96-98 era, obviously when we were stood at shitty grounds. I remember it had well caught on by the time we played away at Chesterfield. I remember some used to sing "WE're in Milan watching City in the champions league...we're not really here"

I hate to say I told you so but....

Whats the tune to the first bit then? Gotta say ive never come across it in my 17 years of attending matches!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.