if you were a cockaknee which club would you follow?

It would be West Ham. I don't remember watching the game, but they won the FA Cup in 64 and I became a West Ham fan. My parents let me stay up late to watch them win the Cup Winners Cup the following year, which I do remember, and in 66, well, everbody loved the boys from the Hammers.

My first kit was a West Ham affair, which looking back on it now is quite amusing as my mother took me to a sports shop in Sale. When he produced the claret and blue shirt I did'nt see the two claret rings on the cuff, so I said I was'nt having it. The shop assistant gave a withering look and said 'you can't fool them, can you?'

It was a Burnley shirt.

I remember running around with my West Ham top on, but I was also getting into City as well, and the two went hand in hand for a couple of years before City rose to the top.

I've always had a soft spot for West Ham.

blue1969 said:
West Ham, like us the real deal no plastics. Worked with a load from the eastend really genuine people.
agree mancs and real cockneys are similar in a lot of ways. the rest of london and the SE in general are usually arrogant wankers though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.