Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always. And in my opinion I'm right. A winning mentality and refusal to accept defeat and do anything to win is vital in top level sport and indeed most professions.
because the probs we have with getting booked for breathing is an indication of what would happen if we started to get in their faces and start fouling more,we would have endless red cards,thats why you didn't think it though and we are currently playing the game the beautiful way and have no need to turn into snidey ****s

I agree with you completely, and it's something we definitely need in my opinion. A refuse to lose attitude. Get in the refs' faces, get in opponents' faces, little niggly treads on toes at corners or constant verbals to known opposition hot-heads to get them wound up and hopefully sent off.

The best teams have this attitude and I respect it, even if I don't like the best exponents of it; Keown, Keane, Terry, the Aussie cricketers of the 90s ("aw shit mate, you just dropped the world cup") but they were serial winners and took no shit.

We need this, especially given the standard of officiating and how much they let opponents get away with against us.
Really?

I agree with you completely, and it's something we definitely need in my opinion. A refuse to lose attitude. Get in the refs' faces, get in opponents' faces, little niggly treads on toes at corners or constant verbals to known opposition hot-heads to get them wound up and hopefully sent off.

The best teams have this attitude and I respect it, even if I don't like the best exponents of it; Keown, Keane, Terry, the Aussie cricketers of the 90s ("aw shit mate, you just dropped the world cup") but they were serial winners and took no shit.

We need this, especially given the standard of officiating and how much they let opponents get away with against us.

In today's modern game "Get in the refs' faces, get in opponents' faces" is not allowed. Sport back then allowed you to do it, now it's frowned upon or legislated against. You want us to surround the ref like Keane and his chums did in the 90's? Cue the red cards.

With Merlin out tommorow we need a big game from Ilkay. Last week his passing in the final third was a bit off and also had chances to shoot but passed instead.

He is a class player, but he needs to up his game a bit starting against Leicester.

With Merlin out tommorow we need a big game from Ilkay. Last week his passing in the final third was a bit off and also had chances to shoot but passed instead.

He is a class player, but he needs to up his game a bit starting against Leicester.
He will score tomorrow

Its the one thing he's missing at the moment, goals. As he's played more he's started to really fit in, but he should be contributing goals now too. Hope you're right

Tbf he’s getting in to a lot of goal scoring positions so I think the goals will come, it’s just a matter of time.

Its the one thing he's missing at the moment, goals. As he's played more he's started to really fit in, but he should be contributing goals now too. Hope you're right
Gets open for chances with the ease of a Purple patch Nasri. :) . He will score some soon.

Finds space in attacking areas incredibly well. Reminds me of Silva in the Mancini days.

His final ball is still a bit too hit and miss, but it's something he should be able to iron out of his game soon enough. I still think he's not up to the levels of confidence he had last season.

Class player. Really benefitting from some game time. Finds space, links play: top fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.