Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the Burnley game was close to being perfect, and he's just getting better and better. He's developing a great partnership with KDB and Fernandinho and fully deserves his place at the moment.

I thought that the Burnley game was close to being perfect, and he's just getting better and better. He's developing a great partnership with KDB and Fernandinho and fully deserves his place at the moment.

I still get the feeling like we're at 70-80%.

Fun times, yeah? :-)

Played exceptionally well. He is becoming less tentative in the tackle, more decisive in the final third, and generally seems to better understand his teammates movement now. And those goals, well, they speak for themselves.

The more games he plays the fitter and better he will get....there is so much more to come from Ilkay.

For me losing Ilkay and Jesus cost us a CL final last year.

Let's hope they both stay fit this year.

Does he get dropped with Silva coming back? Would seem really harsh considering how well he is playing. A good problem to have.

Still has a couple of gears to move into. But happy he has had an extended run out and is finding his feet in the side.

Still has a couple of gears to move into. But happy he has had an extended run out and is finding his feet in the side.

Absolutely. That's really the lingering question with him, will he be able to remain injury free for an extended period of time so that he can really grow into the player most know he is capable of. Natural to still maintain some doubts based on his history but you can really see he is in a great run of form atm. Goals aside, he looks a dominant player on the ball. Read the game extremely well for most of the night and rarely had anything other than a velvety perfect touch with the pass

Delph, Leroy & David back healthy and Jesus & Mendy on the mend - coming together at the right time

Does he get dropped with Silva coming back? Would seem really harsh considering how well he is playing. A good problem to have.

I think given his injury history though, it suits him quite well to not play every single game. I think he's reaching the stage where people are understanding his value to the team and feel he can be trusted when he plays without weakening the team. I think the player and club are a perfect fit for each other in that respect. A club like Arsenal for example would be too reliant on him and be rushing him back from injury. He gets to be playing at the very top with us, he's making a big contribution but he also won't be overly used. Feels like a rare situation where you get to have a top class player but also one who will be relatively content with rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.