Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Hungarian blue, 15 Aug 2017.

1. City_Sean

City_Sean

I thought that the Burnley game was close to being perfect, and he's just getting better and better. He's developing a great partnership with KDB and Fernandinho and fully deserves his place at the moment.

2. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I still get the feeling like we're at 70-80%.

Fun times, yeah? :-)

3. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Played exceptionally well. He is becoming less tentative in the tackle, more decisive in the final third, and generally seems to better understand his teammates movement now. And those goals, well, they speak for themselves.

4. br88

br88

The more games he plays the fitter and better he will get....there is so much more to come from Ilkay.

5. kiam06

kiam06

For me losing Ilkay and Jesus cost us a CL final last year.

Let's hope they both stay fit this year.

6. HenryNacho

HenryNacho

Does he get dropped with Silva coming back? Would seem really harsh considering how well he is playing. A good problem to have.

7. Project

Project

Still has a couple of gears to move into. But happy he has had an extended run out and is finding his feet in the side.

8. FCBarca

FCBarca

Absolutely. That's really the lingering question with him, will he be able to remain injury free for an extended period of time so that he can really grow into the player most know he is capable of. Natural to still maintain some doubts based on his history but you can really see he is in a great run of form atm. Goals aside, he looks a dominant player on the ball. Read the game extremely well for most of the night and rarely had anything other than a velvety perfect touch with the pass

Delph, Leroy & David back healthy and Jesus & Mendy on the mend - coming together at the right time

9. bluealf

bluealf

Yes, not so much a slight on him but that Silva brings so much to the team.

10. geoff clipp

geoff clipp

I think given his injury history though, it suits him quite well to not play every single game. I think he's reaching the stage where people are understanding his value to the team and feel he can be trusted when he plays without weakening the team. I think the player and club are a perfect fit for each other in that respect. A club like Arsenal for example would be too reliant on him and be rushing him back from injury. He gets to be playing at the very top with us, he's making a big contribution but he also won't be overly used. Feels like a rare situation where you get to have a top class player but also one who will be relatively content with rotation.