Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that Pep, who has gone for the juglar v pretty much everyone, suddenly decided to 'see the game out' ?

I don't. I think he brought on Gundogan & Mehrez to boost the team & give them minutes & they were shite.

I thought it was an obvious hold what we have by keeping possesion Pep style.

I thought it was an obvious hold what we have by keeping possesion Pep style.

Well it's possible, but how often since Pep arrived, have you seen him do that at home, especially v a team.which barely had a foot in the game

And of course had most of their attacks in the game, when Gundogan & Mahrez came on.

I don't think it stands up tbh. I recon they were just incapable of doing what the previous players did.

Where did you mention 'British' ?

You said Gundogan isn't a 'conventional'centre mid, I said there is no such thing & gave examples why.

If you meant he isn't a conventional British type of centre mid then you should have said so & I would have stuck to pointing out there isn't really such a thing there, either, just a lot of shit ones, currently.
Fast, Strong, Athletic, powerful, disciplined. Core attributes valued more than any at grassroots upwards within the British game. By British standards conventional may be one word to describe Henderson, Dier, Barton, Souness, Batty, Noble in terms of the same combative style that has been pervasive for decades in the CM, role within the British game. Have a read below and you might im not convinced but you might just might realise that your comments above are are at best ill informed or at worst an indication that you haven't got a scooby doo what the fuck your talking about.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/...-football-for-decades-and-solutions-in-spain/

I must have watched a different player than some of you, one physical duel lost and one clearance that he could've got more purchase on but that aside he did a nice job of controlling the tempo, exactly the job he should be doing.
I must have watched a different player than some of you, one physical duel lost and one clearance that he could've got more purchase on but that aside he did a nice job of controlling the tempo, exactly the job he should be doing.
+1

Where did you mention 'British' ?

You said Gundogan isn't a 'conventional'centre mid, I said there is no such thing & gave examples why.

If you meant he isn't a conventional British type of centre mid then you should have said so & I would have stuck to pointing out there isn't really such a thing there, either, just a lot of shit ones, currently.
Have you learnt anything today? And off topic Meesshh! I'm still waiting bud?

Exactly Bernado was class yesterday. Gundog was pedestrian yet again. Foden has shown more attacking promise in his short cameo this season than Gundogan has so far.

I agree, Imo Foden takes his chances this season and moves above Gundogan in the pecking order.

Apparently Gundogan is on £90k per week, signing a new contract means he will ask for an increase, just guessing but let say it £150k pw. Does he really deserve it? Also I maintain another injury and he is finished, still hasn’t got his confidence back despite being healthy for how long now. As he ages more of a chance he gets injured. I don’t think he will ever discover his fabled Dortmund form, best decision would be to sell him in the summer.

Well it's possible, but how often since Pep arrived, have you seen him do that at home, especially v a team.which barely had a foot in the game

And of course had most of their attacks in the game, when Gundogan & Mahrez came on.

I don't think it stands up tbh. I recon they were just incapable of doing what the previous players did.

Yawn

People do realise Gudongan came on and played the holding role yesterday? As Diniho went right back and Walker left back?? As talented as Foden is he's not a holding mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.