Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Nothing too cheesy or over the top...

Perhaps just lowering the stadium lights during his first walk out into the Etihad, lighting Gundo with a Blue Moon spotlight and playing "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project.

Sod that. He should be in a Mr Whippy van steaming out of the tunnel, hand brake turns around the centre circle, with a ‘I made the scousers cry’ banner flying from the roof.

Gundo in and we probably don't need anymore signings. We've been worried about not overusing Rodri, this is the perfect way to facilitate that.

CM options - Rodri/Gundo, Rodri/Kova, Kova/Gundo.

Brings goals, brings experience.

On balance of things, it's a great signing if it comes off.

In Pep we trust.

That's pretty much exactly how I see it. It's reasonable for Gundo to drop somewhat deeper. With his footballing intelligence, it makes a lot of sense for him to be spraying passes from deep with the whole pitch in front of him, and breaking up the opposition midfield as attacks develop. It could actually free up Rodri to get further forward more often.
This is a win-win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.