Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
34 in football is too old and washed up (apparently)

34 in normal life, a keen athletics enthusiast is deemed a young man.

Crazy how we can have different views over what someone does isn't it.
I think their point is that it's best to bring him in on a short-term contract, as players can decline sharply in mid-thirties and - while he's still brilliant and full of energy now - that might not be the case post World Cup.

I don't think anyone thinks he won't be a top player for the next two years at least. I certainly think he has a lot to contribute for the next two years at least. It's just after that when you get to 36 and over it's really getting very old in footballer terms (yes even in this era).

Just watched the arsenal fan lee gunner on his YouTube channel.
Going on about Gundogen possibly coming back to us, which he says makes us a certainty to win the league again.
Also said how much he rates our club and our fan base, makes a pleasant surprise reading that from an arsenal fan.
Thinking he may have banged his head or something.
Not all opp fans are a bunch of clueless melons

Just watched the arsenal fan lee gunner on his YouTube channel.
Going on about Gundogen possibly coming back to us, which he says makes us a certainty to win the league again.
Also said how much he rates our club and our fan base, makes a pleasant surprise reading that from an arsenal fan.
Thinking he may have banged his head or something.
sometime i watch his City related video and he respects us and has not said anything bad

He dislikes Doku a bit tho.

He is slagging Arsenal, Arteta, board, signings 24/7 practically

But that also highlights why getting Gundogan back is such a great deal.

There are not the players on the market.

When City found a player suitable for the role they were prepared to pay upwards of 90 million for Declan Rice, it is not for a lack of trying. They have also shown interest in Guimares for top money but Newcastle don’t really want to sell.

Liverpool started with Gravenbach and Macallister at weekend. For a couple of years they have tried to sign a holding midfielder, Caicedo, Lavia, Zubimendi and they are in a worse position than ourselves as we have the best holding midfielder in the world.

Players like Caicedo, Lavia, Fernandez, Tchouamanei have gone for an average of about 90 million pounds.

And we’re in a position where we can get a player in on a free, who plays a multitude of roles and people are pulling their faces. It’s the best possible deal imaginable.

Not sure that's the case with Guimaraes - we didn't value him at his release clause and didn't attempt to make a bid in June when Newcastle were in need of meeting PSR requirements. It's more about matching valuations than them not wanting to sell (at the time).

I'm not pulling my face - like I said, it's disappointing that we haven't moved to secure the future and instead are signing a 33 year old player back who we didn't want to offer a 2 year deal to. Without any disrespect to Gundo, he'd still do a great job and matches our current desire to not spend big on the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.