Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not watch Kovacic yesterday or...?

Away at Stamford Bridge versus a team with as much talent as Chelsea isn't going to be the typical games that Kova/Lewis will be filling in for Rodri, and he was still brilliant. Some of you are acting like Rodri has broken his ankle, not Bobb, and as if he isn't going to be back available for our next game.
I mean dictating the tempo.

Rodri or Kova provide a very good foundation in the structure but talking about dictating the tempo they are not anywhere near Gundo, nor are they required/expected to be.

I mean dictating the tempo.

Rodri or Kova provide a very good foundation in the structure but talking about dictating the tempo they are not anywhere near Gundo, nor are they required/expected to be.
He brilliantly dictated the tempo of yesterday's game. We literally conceded four at Stamford Bridge last year with Rodri ''dictating the tempo'.

Honestly this fucking forum makes me laugh. We potentially have the chance to re-sign a player who knows the club, the players, the manager and how we play inside out and people don’t want him. Everyone has been acting like fucking babies because we’ve not signed a midfielder and now we may have the chance to sign a brilliant player in said position and some don’t want him. On a short term deal until next summer it’s a complete no brainer and would make us so much stronger and better.
I would love Ilkay back at Etihad.

He can play every position, from pivot to false nine, and his experience and knowledge of the club would be invaluable.

We saw in the summer that his levels haven’t dropped, and the fact that he has announced his retirement from international football will mean less of a workload for him.

What’s not to like?

If he did return back, hopefully we able to squeeze one good season out of him and transitioning his career from player into coach seamlessly in here.

He brilliantly dictated the tempo of yesterday's game. We literally conceded four at Stamford Bridge last year with Rodri ''dictating the tempo'.
Where did I say Rodri good at dictating the tempo?

And Kova was on the pitch and partly shared the responsibility for some of the goals we conceded last time at Stamford Bridge.

My point is why are u comparing Kova Rodri and Gundo at dictating the tempo? When Gundo played along side Rodri it was more Gundo responsibility to dictate the tempo and Rodri more at providing a good structure. There is no reason to doubt Gundo cannot do the same thing with Kova when Rodri needs a rest.

As far as I see our tempo was not good in the last three games (FA Cup Community Cup and vs Chelsea). The opposition all had loads of big chances and high xG. Just their strikers are shit at finishing.

I can’t way to see Mr Whippy come home. Every midfield problem we had last season could’ve arguably been solved by him.

Let’s be honest he should never let but don’t blame him and the family for wanting a break.

He was also Barca’s best player last season. He’s not lost it. Why there wasn’t a longer contract offer at the time for Gundogan baffles me.

One more addition too apparently - City are cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.