Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
960x0.jpg

Never go back!

As the old saying goes "Never go back", & I 100% agree with that sentiment & have always lived by it.

People fall out & have doubts about their situation, but if it ever gets to a point of a true parting of the ways & both parties move on, it's over for good imo.

HOWEVER, I'm also a strong believer in moving forward, & in this respect Gundog has always struck me as a footballer destined to be a manager, & to that end I can't think of a more perfect apprentice manager/coach for Pep & City going forward.

Added to the fact Gundog is steeped in Guardiola's football philosophy, knows City inside out & still has a couple of seasons in him at the top echelon of world football, as a free transfer, his potential return is the caveat to "Never go back".

Back to the future

Gundog's return wouldn't be him or City going back, it would be City strengthening the playing AND coaching staff, & preparing for future succession.

Just imagine the wealth of experience & knowledge he could bring to Lewis, McAtee, Bobb, Doku, Savinho etc, plus the added strength in depth he'd bring our squad?

Ilkay could be a game-changer for us this season. Several times last season, we missed his guile, quality on the ball & his goal scoring ability with late runs from deep.

Mrs Gundog, struggled to settle in Manchester for the first few years, but by the time Gundog left for Barca, she'd built her own life & social group here, & earlier this year she admitted she missed our great City & all the new friends she'd made outside of her husband's football sphere.

Forgetting about our past together & looking forward to the future, if a deal can be struck for Ilkay's return, it's a big massive fuckin YES from me.

Last edited:
Watching him having to sit down whilst out lads collected team of the year has never sat right with me. Felt right sorry for Ilkay. Like watching your ex walk past with another bloke, the ex you spent the best years of your life with.

Welcome back Ilkay. You've been missed
Would have won the FA Cup with him last year as well.

Didn't have this signing on my bingo card. Football is mad at times.

Gundagon for Phillips and on a free transfer aswell. I'm buzzing for it, it's a great short term move I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.