Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really care if it’s the ‘right’ or ‘best’ thing to do financially. For what it will likely cost I couldn’t think of another player in the world who I would want more. I thought he showed in the euros he’s still more than capable and his numbers for Barca last year were good. But forgetting all that… he’s our club captain- the ultimate professional who was an unliveable servant for the club, beloved by players and staff and won us a treble and many leagues. If he wants out and wants to come home- just fucking do it!

I would say no if Bobb didn't get injured but we need to free up Bernardo, KDB and Foden more often, so Ilkay is perfect.

I wouldn't pay more than £10m for him, ideally free, he's got 1 or 2 years left. If it's £20m-£30m then might as well put that money towards Guimaraes or Wharton.

Surely this is a complete no brainer if Gundo wants to return?

The perfect 8/6 cover, loved by the squad, an instant leadership boost and we can likely get rid of Cancelo in the process (potentially with a bit of cash on top?).

I'll be baffled if we hear of reports saying Gundo was game, but we decided we didn't want it.

The market for the type of midfielder we need is slim to none (unless we're ready to spaff £100m on Bruno). Get Gundo back for 1-2 years and it gives us time to plan around that.

Even if it's a straight loan swap for Gundo and Cancelo, with both clubs covering salary of each, it solves a problem for both us and Barca.

And prepared to be rotated whilst he gets on with his coaching badges. 12 month loan with Cancelo going the other way so it avoids a fee
He literally regrets leaving City because of the poor care Barcelona gave him and his family compared to City. Just get him back and the rumours of a private jet landing in Barcelona from Manchester last night are going around, they could be completely false but no smoke without fire.

Imagine the difference if we had Gundogan to come on instead of Nunes.. increadible deal if it could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.