Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
His return could end Mcatees career with City

If McAtee's career at City is indeed doomed to never get off the ground, the killing blow was probably when he insisted on going back to Sheff U despite it being clear that they would be playing a defensive style that year.

I don't think it's necessarily over for him at City (Pep's recent quotes seem to indicate the opposite), but if anyone is to blame it's McAtee's camp for that transfer misstep and I don't see what Gundogan would have to do with it.

Probably have to pay 20 million plus addons and a snide discount for cancelo ;-)
I think that's the complicating factor here. Gundo is set to make $20 mil for 24/25. Cancelo is set to make $4.1 or so. So its a big gap. I'd love for him to come back and said if an "American style" trade to send Cancelo off on a permanent, then we should do it. But we shouldn't bail out Barca. We need an additional $6-8 million for Cancelo. Don't do puta Barca any favors. But I'd love for him to come back. We need depth in the middle.

Why would they be cheeky if they wanted money for their player?

Asking for money for someone they got for free from the same club? Add insult to injury take a player we still own technically on a freebie too.

Don't you get that feeling they just mug other clubs off regardless?

Many did tbf. The football world is split into those who think Eredivisie success means basically nothing and those who think it's a breeding ground for future stars. I am in the former camp but it's ultimately just an opinion, and many people in the latter camp were of the opinion that Ten Hag would be a great Pep successor.
After listening to his many after game interviews and seeing no discernible pattern of play or plan after 3 years I’d like to think those opinions have been changed.

If it’s a year loan and we pick up the wages (hopefully not all) I wouldn’t be against it.

But if we do it’s a sign we messed up the transfer window and a bit of a panic to have one more number in.

Bit of a sticking plaster approach.

Would hate him to go anywhere else in Prem

I think that's the complicating factor here. Gundo is set to make $20 mil for 24/25. Cancelo is set to make $4.1 or so. So its a big gap. I'd love for him to come back and said if an "American style" trade to send Cancelo off on a permanent, then we should do it. But we shouldn't bail out Barca. We need an additional $6-8 million for Cancelo. Don't do puta Barca any favors. But I'd love for him to come back. We need depth in the middle.
There’s no way Cancelo is only getting $4.1m a year. That’s $80k a week.

He’ll be on 3-4 times that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.