Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best time to sell to retain some value, another poor season and his value plummets. we could probably still get 40m for him.
But also with the Bobb injury does give us extra depth. Imagine it will be like Phillips as in if he doesn’t go this summer and it isn’t working he doesn’t have long left.

I’d like to see him get a chance this season.

We initially offered him one year, but when the Spanish rags offered two years, we did too.

By then, Ilkay had made up his mind.

Nobody knows this. Pointless trying to build a story there and pass it as fact.

Ultimately he wanted to leave, and made his choice and whatever his reasons we should respect them. If he choses to come back and the club welcome it, that should be respected too.

On the one hand yes, on the other I'd imagine they would like to play
Its a consideration but for 12 to 18 months more of a finishing school. Doubt Pep would just chuck them in anyway without big experience next to them unless the game was won.

Please City, no cheesy stuff. Let Gundo just walk in with the team and the Etihad will lift off.

Like many said, I normally don't favour these comeback stories but there are so many memories and biggest moments in our lives linked with him - I'm buzzing!
I agree. Nothing too cheesy or over the top...

Perhaps just lowering the stadium lights during his first walk out into the Etihad, lighting Gundo with a Blue Moon spotlight and playing "Sirius" by Alan Parsons Project.

I used to like Gerrard before this match. Mid-table Villa, with fuck all to play for, performed like it was the Champions League final FFS!

At 5 minutes in, they were time-wasting so badly, at 15 minutes the ref had to warn their keeper! Their fans wouldn't return the ball when it went out either.

Gerrard set his team up to play defensively, waste time & to hit us on the break to help his beloved Dippers win the PL title.

It didn't occur to the Villa fans that if Gerrard had have put this amount of effort & planning in throughout that season, they wouldn't have ended up with fuck all to play for! Twats!
Serious question; what did you expect them to do? Roll over and get their belly tickled? Can you imagine the shitstorm that would come down on them from a great height? The way the game panned out made it all the more sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.