Im going to get Lynched but . . .

audiodave08 said:
the more the merrier. if we bring in another winger it could even bring out the best in shauny with competition for places.

That has been part of the problem with Sweep, he came back among the deserved hysteria but he has been an automatic 'in' regardless of his performance.

We all know what he is capable of and another right winger will push him on more. He has been well below par by his own standards in recent weeks but with someone fighting for his spot, he will bring the magic back.

I wanna see Hughes give Weiss a chance it was a great opportunity to see him in action againsta technically shite side against Stoke today but he didn't even make the bench.

vbr said:
I wanna see Hughes give Weiss a chance it was a great opportunity to see him in action againsta technically shite side against Stoke today but he didn't even make the bench.

I don't think he's ready yet by all accounts, starting Weiss over SWP would be ridiculous really

At the moment though if we had all our players fit I'd probably play Petrov on the left and Robbie on the left, if he's comfortable playing there

The Fat el Hombre said:
vbr said:

I don't think he's ready yet by all accounts, starting Weiss over SWP would be ridiculous really

At the moment though if we had all our players fit I'd probably play Petrov on the left and Robbie on the left, if he's comfortable playing there

Probably not ready yet, but it would have been nice to have seen him at least on the bench. We really miss a proper left winger like Petrov, instead of looking to another striker I think that's where we should have focused on a weakness when Petrov got injured for the transfer window. Robinho sometimes works on the left, sometimes he doesn't like today as he's not a proper winger. I'd rather us play one DM and have Robbie moved into the centre of the park and a proper wide man on the left. Bridge's work rate was there today but his final delivery was really bad at times, Petrov is sorely missed and I hope his injury hasn't affected his overall ability when he gets back.

Yeh i would drop SWP. He just does not look the same player, i'm sure he's still injured. He's slow, clumsy and feared of making a tackle and the last few games he's looked shite.
I'd drop him to the bench and bring him back when he is fully ready.

Bring Vladi Weiss into the side gradually, we have a good track record with the kids and vlad should be no different, confident quick and more tricks than Paul Daniels. It will do Shaun good to have a bit of competiton and a rest.

bluesmith said:
SWP has not had a great game since August for me, love him but not a top 4 player
Agree when he first came he looked awesome. He was awesome against Sunderland, and Liverpool. Since then he doesn't run at the defenders the same and looks rather slow. He needs a rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.