I'm walking a marathon for Cancer Research Please Sponsor Me

Best of luck with this Pearcy, I'm doing it as well :-)

As one poster has already said, I admit that the charity aspect of it isn't my main reason for doing it, more as an excuse to get outside do some walking, get fitter, lose some weight etc etc.

Currently doing three training walks a week, two of about 3 miles each and one of about 5-6 miles. Going to up that during the next couple of weeks :-) So glad I invested in some good trainers though.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Can you not run it you lazy git?

Pearcey:

At the moment, no. I'm nowhere near fit enough. I used to be easily able to run 10k in around 50 minutes... but then I suffered from depression quite badly, and still do. (It got so bad I couldn't leave the house) As a result my weight ballooned and my fitness went along with it.

This is my 1st step towards regaining that fitness, for me it's a case of making an achieveable goal and then hitting it. and I believe this is a good bench mark.

It's so horrible, knowing what I used to be able to do, and the way I am now.

I also happen to think It's a great charity, my better half (Ally.P) her Dad died of cancer a few years ago, and I've seen 1st hand how tragic the results are, this is just my way of doing my little bit to help.

I also wanted to say thanks very much for all those who have donated, I realise for a lot of people money is tight at the moment and I really appreciate your sponsorships. Thanks very much :)

Ally.P said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Can you not run it you lazy git?

Pearcey:

At the moment, no. I'm nowhere near fit enough. I used to be easily able to run 10k in around 50 minutes... but then I suffered from depression quite badly, and still do. (It got so bad I couldn't leave the house) As a result my weight ballooned and my fitness went along with it.

This is my 1st step towards regaining that fitness, for me it's a case of making an achieveable goal and then hitting it. and I believe this is a good bench mark.

It's so horrible, knowing what I used to be able to do, and the way I am now.

I also happen to think It's a great charity, my better half (Ally.P) her Dad died of cancer a few years ago, and I've seen 1st hand how tragic the results are, this is just my way of doing my little bit to help.

I also wanted to say thanks very much for all those who have donated, I realise for a lot of people money is tight at the moment and I really appreciate your sponsorships. Thanks very much :)
Well fair fucks lad. LI dioff my cap. Plus you're shit hot with a six string.

Pearcey said:
Hello, As some of you may (or may not know) I'm walking a night Marathon on 17th April in aid of Cancer Research UK. In doing this I'm hoping to raise money for charity and get myself fitter in the process. I'm sure you'll agree it's a very worth cause.

If you would be so kind as to make a donation the link to my page is below.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sponsormetoshine.org/james" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sponsormetoshine.org/james</a>

Thanks people.

Although i won't be donating (i donate weekly via another method) i wish you all the luck in the world Pearcey. I know all about that depression shit and think you're going the right way about beating it.

Once again, good luck and use the force.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.