In form Striker

Its not a new striker we need its a plan B when the likes of Everton, QPR, Stoke play deep. Then our lack of width and pace is telling as our strikers are deprived of space to be effective.

cookster said:
Blue_Moon said:
Dzeko - 3 goals in his last 3 PL starts

That the same Dzeko that started against Fulham (last home game) and didn't score?
and although he layed ok when he came on tonight he miscontrolled the one guilt edged chance that we created with the through ball by milner......

love the guy but he is a poacher more than anything and that is not what we need in a lot of games at the moment...we need strikers who are going to attack the opposition and run past them ....dzeko doesnt offer this.
ageros all round play was very good tonight and the chances we did create esecially in the first half came through him beating people

City have the best forward line in the league, problem is the lack of width to make the pitch big and players who are better at one on ones. Nasri isn't doing it right now and Silva will come infield. Its games like today where a Toure can just blast his way through a door rather than trying to pick ala Silva.

It's the lack of variance in play which is why you couldn't score today.

Balo's Backheel said:
dobobobo said:
I want a Centre Forward or any fucking **** who can receive the ball, turn, draw a foul or run and score a fucking goal!

Passing has cost us yet again. Never works against 10 men in a box.

Yeah definitely, should probably sign Huth and Crouch and leather it up the pitch, much more effective. Get a grip, the tactics which won us the title last season (and try to mirror the way that both the most successful club side and the most successful national side in the world operate) haven't become redundant after 1 loss.

Did I say boot it up the field to Big Foot? No I did not.

Run along now little one.

-- Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:32 pm --

DD said:
The desperate need for a while has been a striker with strength who can hold the ball up in the box, shake off defenders, turn and either shoot or bring in one of our other strikers.

The truth is that we have got by for a very long time with a series of secondary support strikers rather than leaders, and whilst it may work for Barcelona or in games against the more open teams, it's a huge problem when playing parked buses away from home. It doesn't offer an alternative outlet.

If we don't sign such a striker in the next two days I see no way back in this title race. The gap will grow wider.

This is the mature version of what I was trying to say.

simon23 said:
cookster said:
Blue_Moon said:

That the same Dzeko that started against Fulham (last home game) and didn't score?
and although he layed ok when he came on tonight he miscontrolled the one guilt edged chance that we created with the through ball by milner......

love the guy but he is a poacher more than anything and that is not what we need in a lot of games at the moment...we need strikers who are going to attack the opposition and run past them ....dzeko doesnt offer this.
ageros all round play was very good tonight and the chances we did create esecially in the first half came through him beating people

He didn't mis-control anything. The ball came in too fast and wide to do anything with -- I doubt he even got a foot on it. Personally, I think he is fantastic at spreading play around and creating chances for teammates (which he does on a fairly regular basis).

Dzeko-Aguero is my preferred partnership followed by Tevez-Dzeko simply because Tevez and Aguero haven't been playing well together (I think they're both still a bit out of form). The bigger problem today was lack of creativity, combined with QPR's excellent pressing (leading to a million misplaced passes).

cookster said:
Blue_Moon said:

Yes, and the same Dzeko that scored away to Arsenal the game before that, and against Stoke the game before that, and twice at Norwich the game before that.

That actually makes it 4 in 4. So yes, that Dzeko.

JBG said:
simon23 said:
cookster said:

He didn't mis-control anything. The ball came in too fast and wide to do anything with -- I doubt he even got a foot on it. Personally, I think he is fantastic at spreading play around and creating chances for teammates (which he does on a fairly regular basis).

Dzeko-Aguero is my preferred partnership followed by Tevez-Dzeko simply because Tevez and Aguero haven't been playing well together (I think they're both still a bit out of form). The bigger problem today was lack of creativity, combined with QPR's excellent pressing (leading to a million misplaced passes).

ok slight miswording...failed to react quick enough to the pass to even get close to controling it

I agree that one of tevez and aguero works better at present but tevez also had a very good game tomight with his link up play again....he is being asked to play a lot deeper by RM and therefor not getting into position to score....

my problem with edin is that he is very inconsistent and the excuse used to be not enough game time but recently he has......

Id say his link up play is inconsistent to...sometimes his control is very poor for a top class striker ........sometimes very good...therefore inconsistent

I do think the real problem is our midfield however....barca get around it by the fact that against acked defences they have messi and various others who can actually beat a man.....as skillful as silva, nasri are its the one thing that neither of them are good at.....its not necessarily wingers we need but that ability to beat a man whereever on the pitch that we lack

It is time for our Midfielders to make a contribution to take off the pressure of our Strikers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.