In-Laws/Family

Yes with their family and my own.

I keep myself to myself and keep family at arms length.
My father and myself both do, keep everyone else at bay that is, we are close though.

Love the out-laws me. They've done all the childcare for the past 12yrs, Mother in law walks the dog daily,Father in law does the gardening and any odd jobs DIY etc. Weve been abroad with them a few times and a few caravan breaks also and we always have a good laugh, salt of the earth tbh. I reckon they've saved me 50k over the years.

The thing I always struggle with is the different expectations placed on you.

With friendships you just follow a natural path, call, visit when you want but with family, even for distant relatives there is an expectation to call, visit even in some instances when you have little in common

No i don't - no one is perfect but I get on great with my dad and brother and mates. I Try and be reasonable with everyone. I got on great with the in laws for ten years but they didn't support me wanting to see my kids when the ex wife fucked off with a women and I lost all respect for them. My mum has been a joke of a mum who I have never liked and spent all my childhood slagging my dad off when he is a salt of the earth bloke. I don't need the hassle so cut off ties. My family now is my unit and keeping them happy is my priority.
A women you say?? ;)

Love the out-laws me. They've done all the childcare for the past 12yrs, Mother in law walks the dog daily,Father in law does the gardening and any odd jobs DIY etc. Weve been abroad with them a few times and a few caravan breaks also and we always have a good laugh, salt of the earth tbh. I reckon they've saved me 50k over the years.
I have the same - the in laws are next door and are an absolute god send and brilliant with the kids and the dogs and our garden etc don't interfere in anything either unless asked which is good. The kids love them and see them everyday and anytime we need a break, need a night out, the kids are off school sick , my wife needs help when I am awY for work Or even if I need a lift to the pub or whatever it is they help out. We send them off out for dinner on us or organise things quite often so they know they are very much appreciated .

My family are 1000km and 10000kms away so we get on very well but don't see enough of each other

My sister in law, whilst a decent ish Aunty to the kids, hates me with a passion. Is trying to get my wife to leave me and we're going through difficult enough times as it is. Get on well with her other sister and dad, but this one is a nightmare because I stand up to her bullying whilst the rest just say it's more hassle than it's worth. I'm no angel but I changed my ways a few months ago and me and my wife are working through things, but having her constantly chirping in the background is awful. She's about to enter her third marriage and even her dad said good luck to the husband to be!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.