Increased CL money this year.

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
As a supporter of a club, which in relative terms is financially Skint, this news is great.

We have 4 qualifying rounds to negotiate, which if I'm honest doesn't bother me, as it's better playing games that mean something than endless pre season friendlies. The crowds are bigger and this again raises more money.

If we make it through, which I think we will, then we could make over £50m which to us is a vast fortune.

Our main goal is just to get there and hopefully fight it out for 3rd place. Hopefully, we will buy a few players we need, particularly in defence and although more than likely still get handed our arses by the top two seeds, be able to at least keep the score down.

For City, who have a chance to actually win the fucking thing, with gate and TV money you could be looking at £140m.

Even if you don't win it, you are looking at £90m at least if you get to the business end, which I think is a cert.

Thank fuck we have the World Cup to fill in a month of no football. My missus face when I told her it was on for a month was priceless. Needless to say, if looks could kill this post would never have been written.

There are more qualifying rounds and less spots available in the group stage. Unless you get very favourable draws I think the last 2 rounds will be difficult games and I'm not confident you'll make it through.

Whilst its good in one respect for Celtic to receive more money to help compete against English, Spanish, German, French, Italian etc, the Scottish league will get even less competitive and thats the same in pretty much every domestic league in Europe.

There are more qualifying rounds and less spots available in the group stage. Unless you get very favourable draws I think the last 2 rounds will be difficult games and I'm not confident you'll make it through.

Whilst its good in one respect for Celtic to receive more money to help compete against English, Spanish, German, French, Italian etc, the Scottish league will get even less competitive and thats the same in pretty much every domestic league in Europe.

There has been a lot of talk about this very issue up here now that we have more money.

I was talking to a sports hack up here a couple of months ago in a mixed company, a Rangers fan, who was lamenting the gap in resources and how this would be detrimental to the game. A few nodded their heads.

I turned to the **** and asked him straight out.

“Show me one article you ever wrote that made that assertion when you’re fucking team had all the money?’

Clamped.

Fuck them.

It’s all a big deal now when they are shit and skint. As for the competitiveness? Are we to deliberately get worse so they can catch up?

Don’t think so.

We did it for the last two years. The earlier round is against teams like Accrington Stanley.

We will do it. I hope :)

There has been a lot of talk about this very issue up here now that we have more money.

I was talking to a sports hack up here a couple of months ago in a mixed company, a Rangers fan, who was lamenting the gap in resources and how this would be detrimental to the game. A few nodded their heads.

I turned to the **** and asked him straight out.

“Show me one article you ever wrote that made that assertion when you’re fucking team had all the money?’

Clamped.

Fuck them.

It’s all a big deal now when they are shit and skint. As for the competitiveness? Are we to deliberately get worse so they can catch up?

Don’t think so.

Completely get that point of view and agree its on the other clubs to narrow the gap, but then on the other hand some Celtic fans complain about competing against English clubs so it can't work both ways. How can you narrow the gap to English teams when we have such an advantage? How do Aberdeen narrow the gap to you?

Its the same with Bayern in Germany and many other countries.

I just think theres too much money in football now and all the unpredictability and romance has gone.

Can you see Celtic getting close to winning a European trophy in the foreseeable future?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.