Incredibly wealthy people.

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Had this discussion/disagreement with someone yesterday about a very rich person worth hundreds of millions of dollars donating several million dollars to a medical facility and it's good there are philanthropists donating to good causes. Very generous etc.
My point is that someone who owns hundreds of millons of dollars is not a generous person, no matter how much money he gives, because that fortune does not represent an effort from himself, it was an effort from exploited working class people.
I read an article recently that spelt out that 5% of people own 90% of the world's wealth.
For me these people are parasites on humanity.
If it's true and I suspect it is, it's pretty disgusting in my opinion.
Working people, especially in third world countries are completely exploited by these rich people.
I'm not against private property, I'm against unfair disproportion. People should be retributed according to their capability and effort employed on their activity. But noone can be capable enough nor do sufficient effort to deserve those hundreds of millons of dollars.

This is not about rich people vs. poor people; this is about awfully rich people vs. the rest

I remember an interview with Mr. Dell (I forget his first name) where they asked him about higher taxes, and his answer was basically that he thinks he's a better judge about what his money gets spent on than the government. That's a fairly typical answer. What he's effectively saying there is that he wants to pay less tax because he wants more power about which issues get dealt with in society. It says quite a lot about your ego that you think you know better than the collective voted for primarily by the people who have the problems you're claiming to want to fix. It's also based on the ego that he is super wealthy because of some special talent or ability on his part. And of course plenty of people are rich because they worked hard and were talented at something, but people only ever get super wealthy with a massive sprinkling of luck added into the mixture. Even if it's just the luck that the thing you were good at was valued in your lifetime.

On a smaller scale, it's like those western charities that go to some village in Ethiopia and rather than just giving them the money and letting them choose what they need, they buy or build something for them. There was a great story about portaloos being used as storage sheds, because the charity thought they knew best.

Having said that, I don't mind people being super wealthy if the bottom end is also taken care of. What I object to is companies like Apple making massive profits while they outsource their office cleaning to a private company so they don't have to give them medical insurance. I also object to the disproportionate effect such people have on politics. I want to pay fuck all taxes and choose which causes I spend my money on, but I also want to spend massive amounts of money influencing what everyone else's money is spent on too.

Had this discussion/disagreement with someone yesterday about a very rich person worth hundreds of millions of dollars donating several million dollars to a medical facility and it's good there are philanthropists donating to good causes. Very generous etc.
My point is that someone who owns hundreds of millons of dollars is not a generous person, no matter how much money he gives, because that fortune does not represent an effort from himself, it was an effort from exploited working class people.
I read an article recently that spelt out that 5% of people own 90% of the world's wealth.
Working people, especially in third world countries are completely exploited by these rich people.
I'm not against private property, I'm against unfair disproportion. People should be retributed according to their capability and effort employed on their activity. But noone can be capable enough nor do sufficient effort to deserve those hundreds of millons of dollars.

This is not about rich people vs. poor people; this is about awfully rich people vs. the rest
If *the rest* ever stop looking at their phones and take action they could change the world, but they won't.

You lost Corbyn get over it for fucks sake you're worse than Trump:-)

When are you doing your GSCE's?

Although I'm inclined to agree that the mega wealthy aren't necessarily overly philanthropic beyond PR reasons, at least in general, I could also say the same thing about the not mega wealthy.

People are just people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.