India

Why is the onus on everyone to take diarolyte or over-wash our hands and not even participate in free bar snacks.Why is the onus not on the Indians to provide the market with clean food and maybe wash their hands once in a blue moon.

I have lost sight of the times I have visited Goan restaurants and had to wade through shite and rubbish outside just to gain entry.
I visited a sports bar just before the candolim road and the toilet was backed up with excrement to the brim.I told the bar man and he just wobbled his head like they do.The infrastructure in Goa is a fooking disgrace and after all these years of tourism they still don't get it.What they do get is to make your life a misery at Diabolical Dabolin airport.

Listen lads your a lovely crew and you have a potential minefield of touristic delight awaiting the discerning holiday maker but for fooks sake clean up a little eh.Its not racist to say that but good etiquette and hygiene.

Maybe Mumbai is different and when in Rome eh but darling Goa needs to wake up rapidly or the tourists will fook off to pastures new.And as an addendum its not even that cheap anymore.

Um. It's nothing to do with that. The water quality is poor. What do you imagine everything is washed in?

I always go veggie despite loving meat back home. Seems to have done me ok over the years.
Brilliant experience every time I have been.
They were constructing a transportation system in Hyderabad last time, love to see it finished.
Go with an open mind and enjoy
Spot on, have been a couple of times to Delhi and Mumbai and cooked veggie food is the way to go. Never had a problem.
As others have said bottled water only from reputable places and alcohol gel for your hands and you should be fine.
Be warned that the roads are not for the faint hearted, the traffic is crazy.

Last edited:
Why is the onus on everyone to take diarolyte or over-wash our hands and not even participate in free bar snacks.Why is the onus not on the Indians to provide the market with clean food and maybe wash their hands once in a blue moon.

I have lost sight of the times I have visited Goan restaurants and had to wade through shite and rubbish outside just to gain entry.
I visited a sports bar just before the candolim road and the toilet was backed up with excrement to the brim.I told the bar man and he just wobbled his head like they do.The infrastructure in Goa is a fooking disgrace and after all these years of tourism they still don't get it.What they do get is to make your life a misery at Diabolical Dabolin airport.

Listen lads your a lovely crew and you have a potential minefield of touristic delight awaiting the discerning holiday maker but for fooks sake clean up a little eh.Its not racist to say that but good etiquette and hygiene.

Maybe Mumbai is different and when in Rome eh but darling Goa needs to wake up rapidly or the tourists will fook off to pastures new.And as an addendum its not even that cheap anymore.
Some good points bob. I believe candolim is much posher now. My dioralyte tip is a way to counter the effects of the weather rather than hygiene. Bar snacks anywhere in the world are a bad idea.

Spot on, have been a couple of times to Delhi and Mumbai and cooked veggie food is the way to go. Never had a problem.
As others have said bottled water only from reputable places and alcohol gel for your hands and you should be fine.
Be warned that the roads are not for the faint hearted, the traffic is crazy.
Love bazzin around on a scooter there.

Be prepared. You'll have many wtf moments, they are cricket mad out there, and I mean utterly obsessed with it, everybody. You must go on a rickshaw journey (make it a long one) and pack Immodium - I cannot stress that enough. That reminds me, I need to enter a 2nd recollection into the 'have you ever soiled yourself' thread!! India is truly wonderful, hope you enjoy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.