Indian red onion

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I know whenever I've asked its definitely got ketchup in.

I've tried and failed miserably to replicate this at home.

-- Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm --

wayne71 said:
Good call. I'd also like to know how to make the chilli sauce you get on kebabs. I've tried all sorts from the supermarket but nothing tastes anything like it.

This is also a good shout. Again I have tried and failed with this.

Try this link
http://www.jjfoodservice.com/produc...egory1=100022&infotype=products&information=1

mancitygaz said:
Just found this on google and will give it a go but what the fuck is 1'C' and 1/2 'C' as in the onion and tomato paste measurement? I'm guessing the 't' is teaspoon.

1 C. Red Onions (Finely Chopped)
1/2 C. Tomato Paste
1 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Oil
1/4 t. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt

Method
1. Heat the oil, then add the tomato paste and seasonings to the oil and simmer.
2. Mix with raw onions, chill. Serve chilled

It's cup.

There was a US cooking programme hosted by a couple of bints and all they only ever used ingredients that amounted to that quantity for every dish. Brilliant show - google it - 'two girls one cup'

daveduke67 said:
mancitygaz said:
Just found this on google and will give it a go but what the fuck is 1'C' and 1/2 'C' as in the onion and tomato paste measurement? I'm guessing the 't' is teaspoon.

1 C. Red Onions (Finely Chopped)
1/2 C. Tomato Paste
1 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Oil
1/4 t. Sugar
1/2 t. Salt

Method
1. Heat the oil, then add the tomato paste and seasonings to the oil and simmer.
2. Mix with raw onions, chill. Serve chilled

It's cup.

There was a US cooking programme hosted by a couple of bints and all they only ever used ingredients that amounted to that quantity for every dish. Brilliant show - google it - 'two girls one cup'
Haha.

I think I've cracked it though.

Didn't bother with the sugar and put a bit of chilli powder in (cheers Paphos-mcfc)

Apart from a bit too much tomato puree it would have been spot on, even got a compliment off the wife and she can fucking moan.

I usually make this to accompany me currys

1 thin sliced onion
dash lemon juice
1/8th tsp mint sauce

mix together in a bowl and cover with cling film
put in fridge for a few hours to sweat

sometimes add a small chopped tomato(not the inside)
and tiny bit of fine chopped cucumber

1. search all kitchen drawers for the elusive menu
2. Search under all couch and chair cushions for your fancy phone.
3. Get house phone and call your mobile
4. Run around the house with your head cocked at a jaunty angle to pinpoint your mobiles location.
5. Notice several missed calls and unanswered texts that need replying to
6. Reply to missed messages, sit back and await a response.
7. Wake up on the couch at 2am with half a joint on your chest. Remember you were Hank Marvin and make some toast.

Simple, quick and cheap.

You mean this ....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92282</a>

wayne71 said:
Good call. I'd also like to know how to make the chilli sauce you get on kebabs. I've tried all sorts from the supermarket but nothing tastes anything like it.

try Venus supermarket/ cash & carry on the corner of Ansen Road / Dickenson Road

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.