Inflatable memories

Apart from Stoke and WBA as mentioned already, the other game that sticks in my mind was Bournemouth away, Walking down the usually quiet residential streets near the ground the local kids were coming out into their front gardens to watch all the inflatable sharks, monsters, etc going past.

lancs blue said:
Apart from Stoke and WBA as mentioned already, the other game that sticks in my mind was Bournemouth away, Walking down the usually quiet residential streets near the ground the local kids were coming out into their front gardens to watch all the inflatable sharks, monsters, etc going past.

Glad you mentioned Bournemouth - I bought a snowman and did a solo ''walking in the air'' during the game. it didn't take off........

Notinmylifetime said:
The best was WBA away. Frankinstein fighting dinosaurs, skeletons, paddling pools, bottle of champagne, blow up dolls, bananas the lot.

This was one of my best memories of an away game (Even if I did travel down on "Helen's coach") and I took one of the skeletons! The paddling pool complete with swimming man was just typical of our humour but wasn't the fight between Frankenstien and Godzilla at Leicester?

Palace84 said:
Notinmylifetime said:
The best was WBA away. Frankinstein fighting dinosaurs, skeletons, paddling pools, bottle of champagne, blow up dolls, bananas the lot.

This was one of my best memories of an away game (Even if I did travel down on "Helen's coach") and I took one of the skeletons! The paddling pool complete with swimming man was just typical of our humour but wasn't the fight between Frankenstien and Godzilla at Leicester?

The fight between Frankie and Godzilla was definately WBA. There were only 2 skeletons that day...you had one and me and my brothers had the other! We drove back with it tucked under the windscreen wiper....got quite a few stares! lol.

I remember a pickup truck with an inflatable paddling pool in the back with a couple of blues in it going to wembley in 99 and at the same game a bloke called birdy brought an inflatable doll and kept wacking me with it from behind which was pissing me off when we were 2-0 down but I was dancing with it in extra time and pens

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWKpdK9VVPQ&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawJBOI83kM[/youtube]

Loads of teams seem to have inflatables days these days but that 2nd video suggests it originated at City.

mcfc2112 said:
One Boxing Day - we were at home to Stoke. They filled the Platt Lane and almost all of them had inflatable Pink Panthers!

Loved that...can't remember the score though...
Have some great photos of this, a sea of yellow bananas but my fave was a West Brom game where it kicked off between Godzilla and Frankenstein only for them to be attacked by a swimming pool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.