Iniesta to City - Crazy world of transfer rumours (Merged)

Re: Iniesta to City - Crazy world of transfer rumours

Not a snow balls chance in hell of this guy coming to city.

for me,the best player on the planet...sheer class,makes everything look so simple.....£85 mill,,,,,,= snip.

Hrm... I take it nobody actually read the content of my post then no? :(

It was supposed to highlight how crazy transfer rumours starts out of nothing.
How the Spanish Madrid and Barcelona papers will say anything to hurt their rivals.
How these amateur football websites will just rehash anything without even the slightest background checks...

Oh well, my intentions were pure :)

City reportedly in for [imo] the worlds best player...

I've done a search and haven't found anything else on this yet on Bluemoon:

http://www.imscouting.com/global-ne...Manchester-City-bid-for-Andres-Iniesta/12604/

Manchester City are reportedly preparing to make a stunning bid for Barcelona's influential midfielder Andres Iniesta .

Barcelona would be desperate to hold onto the player who has just made the three-man shortlist for the 2010 FIFA World Player of the Year award. But, according to Yahoo Sports, Manchester City believe that with Barcelona's financial situation far from being healthy, they can persuade the Nou Camp club to part ways with the 26-year-old with a massive  €100m bid.

Yahoo Sports quotes a source indicating that a €100million bid from Manchester City for Iniesta would not fall on deaf ears, saying, “He has had an amazing year and he is part of the fabric of [Barcelona], but that doesn’t mean the right offer won’t be considered and possibly accepted.”

Most major Spanish dailies are giving prominent coverage to the story this morning.  Iniesta is contracted to Barcelona until 2015, having played at the Nou Camp for his entire career.

Yes I know; Yahoo Sports! The Metro (yes I know; The Metro!) has a similar story with a different slant saying Tevez would go the other way:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/850785...manchester-city-in-carlos-tevez-part-exchange

Andres Iniesta wanted by Manchester City in Carlos Tevez part-exchange
Manchester City are ready to make a world-record bid for Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta, with Carlos Tevez to be used as a makeweight in the deal.

City bosses hope signing the World Cup winner would be a signal of intent which they hope will convince wantaway skipper Tevez to stay put.
But, if Tevez is still determined to leave towards the end of January, City are prepared to allow the striker to be used as part of the deal with a cash-plus-player offer to be put on the table.
Whether Barca will let Iniesta go is another matter, but it would allow them to reduce their well-publicised overdraft.
A sudden influx of cash - which could be up to £80million - would also give the Catalan giants more bargaining power when it comes to trying to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas again in the summer.
The Spanish international eventually stayed in north London, despite having his head turned by Barca's interest.
But the Gunners may be more inclined to negotiate over a price in six months' time - especially if it is considerably higher than the two £30million bids earlier this year.

No real reliable quotes and may well be bullshit. But it's got me MEGA excited! From around 2004-2007 Steven Gerrard was my favourite player in the world. For the last few years it's been Andrés Iniesta. Since the Sheikh came and gave us the opportunity to potentially buy any player in the world, the number one player I'd want wouldn't be Messi, wouldn't be CRonaldo, it would be Iniesta!

Re: City reportedly in for [imo] the worlds best player...

I want to get excited but I know it'll end in disappointment, I won't do it! Could we really pull that off? I don't know.

More chance of me signing and scoring the winner for city in the world cup final at wembley

Not a chance .

BlueDean said:
More chance of me signing and scoring the winner for city in the world cup final at wembley
Can I have your autograph for eBay purposes?

If we were to sign Dzeko and the chance to sign Iniesta was there, if it means Tevez going to Barca to make it happen then so be it, for all Tevez has done for us nobody can complain at the thought of gaining Dzeko + Iniesta for the loss of Tevez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.