Inigo Martinez

We had so many problems dealing with big centre forwards in one on one situations last season, that the last thing I want to see is us being linked with yet another midget centre half. We need another Kompany, not another Otamendi, ie we need someone who can hold opponents up, win headers, dominate them physically as well as bring the ball out from the back comfortably. This isn't fucking Spain. Martinez is 5ft 11
Not saying your wrong here, but from memory did we concede many goals from headers last season ? I know we conceded less from set peices by being better organised, like I say just going of memory I dont remember being suceptible to teams crossing and heading, it was mor.e being caught out on the break.
I wonder if the links the other week had the wrong Martinez.

Not saying your wrong here, but from memory did we concede many goals from headers last season ? I know we conceded less from set peices by being better organised, like I say just going of memory I dont remember being suceptible to teams crossing and heading, it was mor.e being caught out on the break.
I wonder if the links the other week had the wrong Martinez.

It's more to do with preventing the opposition using a big lummox as an out ball or focal point to hold the ball up for breaking midfield colleagues. Kompany deals with it at source and Lukaku, Giroud, Costa, Big Nose, Kane, Carroll et al, get zero change out of him. Otamendi gets walked through far too often and tries to dive in in front to compensate with the result that he frequently gets rolled. Personally I think Otamendi is the best in the club at bringing the ball out, but his size is an issue defensively and the opposition frequently target him as a result. Certainly Leicester and Boro both did repeatedly at the end of last season

Last edited:
If this is our CB target it tells me that we're planning on going with Kompany-Stones as our starting partnership (which I'm happy with), this guy seems more like a replacement for Kolarov. A good left-footed centerback who can bring the ball out of defense is definitely needed as well, it gives Pep more options (which seems to be the common theme this window).

He suits to tiki-taka and our philosophy and also he is not too expensive. Rather sign this type of players which are aware of our manager's style than those who still need to learn.

Last edited:
If this is our CB target it tells me that we're planning on going with Kompany-Stones as our starting partnership (which I'm happy with), this guy seems more like a replacement for Kolarov. A good left-footed centerback who can bring the ball out of defense is definitely needed as well, it gives Pep more options (which seems to be the common theme this window).

Agreed.

I think Aleks will leave and be replaced, however not with a world beater as I just think it will shove Stones to the side which long term will be a bad move by the club.

I like inigo martinez, but if he's the option i'd honestly prefer to keep what we have at least for this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.