Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Not sure about far, Ederson was excellent in the latter part of last season
He sets the bar. Ortega gets into another first team, maybe bar Allison. When he plays for us I have to ask why Ederson gets the nod sometimes. They are both superb keepers.

He sets the bar. Ortega gets into another first team, maybe bar Allison. When he plays for us I have to ask why Ederson gets the nod sometimes. They are both superb keepers.

I wouldn't say that Ortega is a far better shot-stopper than Ed, but he is significantly better. I agree on that. His distribution isn't bad, but Pep prefers a keeper who's distribution is basically that of a very good holding midfielder. It that sense, Ed's a freak. There's no other keeper close to him. All the keepers in the PL are now trying to do it — and often making a hash of it.
That's why Ed usually gets the nod. It's Pep's way of seeing the game, and the structure he wants to impose. Ed's got a bit of a nutcase side to him that's disturbing at times. Ortega seems calmer. Ortega would be in any other team. We are privileged to have both. I don't think we've ever had two keepers of this quality. Imagine Bravo or Pantilimon having to take this responsibility for this run-in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.