Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

A bad cut?

Sounds like bollocks. He’ll start.
The word on the Arsenal forums from people supposedly in the know is that Gabriel will start, Saka is a big doubt and Martinelli is unknown. Martinelli can be more effective coming off the bench anyway, Trossard is effective at keeping the ball and linking play and is a more clinical finisher than Martinelli who seems to have gone to the same finishing school as Raheem Sterling.

Saka being out would be a big loss though, even though Ake did well against him last season.

I think we'll miss Walker and Stones more than people are thinking. Stones's role in moving into midfield is crucial, Akanji just doesn't offer the same when asked to do that. As for Walker even though his crossing usually leaves a lot to be desired his pace is always needed especially against opposition like Arsenal, they will try to exploit our right side now. I would give Rico a start there putting Akanji next to Dias, Ake on the left

The problem with international managers is they don’t care about clubs.
Their jobs depend on their results and they will just pick their best players regardless of possible injury. If players are nursing a problem it should be their responsibility to tell the manager they’re not fit to play.
Much as I agree Southgate is a useless **** you cannot really blame him for picking Walker and Stones..they are the best in their positions.

The word on the Arsenal forums from people supposedly in the know is that Gabriel will start, Saka is a big doubt and Martinelli is unknown. Martinelli can be more effective coming off the bench anyway, Trossard is effective at keeping the ball and linking play and is a more clinical finisher than Martinelli who seems to have gone to the same finishing school as Raheem Sterling.

Saka being out would be a big loss though, even though Ake did well against him last season.
I hope you are right about Saka, he would be a big miss for Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.