Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Absolutely no sympathy for Pep. It’s his decision to run with the league’s smallest squad despite us being in 7 competitions this season. Everyone knew this was going to happen.

Same size of squad as last 3 seasons, that won the league each of those seasons and the treble last year.

I'm not arguing it is not small, just saying it is nothing new.

…and that 24 includes 4 goalkeepers too.

We got very luck last season with injuries, this season is just normal to have around 5 players out. Maybe KDB is unlucky given the length of time.

Somehow we are still winning.
Problem for us, it’s 5 players who would always be considered “first team” players & not just squad players.

Well this was all to predictable wasn't it?
Squad far too light in numbers and we are suffering after just 4 weeks into the new season.
Crazy to be so low in numbers.
So what do we do? Have a squad blotted like Chelsea and imagine we did and didn't have injuries every game we would have players not even making the bench earning massive wages not to mention what we would have to pay for them. It is what it is on the plus side when the injured players come back the others can be rotated and have a rest.

Perhaps the date could be used in the thread title instead of the words Currently Out - e.g.
Player Injuries - 20-09-23 - De Bruyne, Grealish, Kovacic, Stones, Bernado.

Problem for us, it’s 5 players who would always be considered “first team” players & not just squad players.

A bigger squad wouldn't help that.

And the maximum we could increase it by anyway, is just 1 additional player. 1 player below the limit, that is where we are and how small our small squad is.

Reactions: CC1
Same size of squad as last 3 seasons, that won the league each of those seasons and the treble last year.

It isn’t though, because back then we had a number of academy players to fill it out. We’ve sold them all now. This season we have only Bobb. Nobody else is ready to play a small part. We also have more competitions this season.

Seasons we arguably got lucky with injuries at such an early start to the season though.

Carabao Cup will be thrown for sure,I fear for anyone whose got a few quid on the quad put it that way

These injuries could be a blessing in disguise. We've won our first 6 games and have given plenty of minutes to Doku, Gvardiol and Nunes which will help them build confidence and experience throughout the season when it gets tougher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.