Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

I'd rather he regained his match fitness in the England games rather than huffing and puffing his way through the Arsenal match...

I'd rather he regained his match fitness in the England games rather than huffing and puffing his way through the Arsenal match...
pep said he’s not ready to play.

If he's not deemed fit to play in the biggest game of the season, how can he accept an England call-up?

Southgate was out of order for picking him in the first place. He's missed the entire season, his only focus should be getting fit.

I'll be mightily pissed off if he doesn't pull out of the squad, and so will Pep.
Stones.jpg

pep said he’s not ready to play.
Yeah but this is why I don't understand the uproar at him going to play for England. If he's fit enough for our bench and in training, but not fit enough to start a match, I'd much rather he regained that fitness with England and came back to us ready to start. I'm failing to see what the issue is - he's not going to get match fit without playing for someone

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra
Pep Guardiola: "John Stones is not ready to play. Maybe for the [England] national team, but not for us..."

Does this sound as if Pep is not happy with John Boy? I hope he doesn't play for England. I wish I had heard the tone of voice or expression when Pep made that announcement. Anyone hear/see it and can enlighten me please? :-)

https://twitter.com/City_Xtra
Pep Guardiola: "John Stones is not ready to play. Maybe for the [England] national team, but not for us..."

Does this sound as if Pep is not happy with John Boy? I hope he doesn't play for England. I wish I had heard the tone of voice or expression when Pep made that announcement. Anyone hear/see it and can enlighten me please? :-)
I think Pep is just saying he's getting back up to speed and the England game has probably come at the right time.

Alternative commentary is Pep is calling Stones out for not being fit for City but he will play for England.

I'm worried as to why Pep would say that? Was he angry with John Stones or was it a throw away remark? Why would Wally Waistcoat even pick a player who hasn't played for his club for so long? I thought his mantra was he only picked players who were playing for their clubs? Questions, questions, questions!!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.