Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Read that a stressed bone can take up to 6 weeks to heal and then it's all about fitness.
One of my teenagers has a broken foot right now (exactly the same as an elite athlete, I know) and we’ve been told these are actually easier to heal than a stress fracture. Regardless, the biggest issue is strength loss in the surrounding tissues during the period of immobilization (that allows the bone to heal). Although they’ve never said exactly what the issue is with Haaland so who knows. It seems like if it really is a break or fracture six weeks would be the minimum - that’s pretty much the minimum they told us for lower extremity bone growth. My son goes to the orthopedic next week - I can ask her what she thinks about Haaland. Hah.

But he won't be match fit.
Pep will usually start players on the hour when returning from injury. The next game they will start and play 60 min. That’s been his modus operandi. It will probably take 4-5 games to get him fully match fit after the lengthy lay off he’s had.
I just don’t see the point of risking him in a game where he’s not needed. It’s not exactly as if we don’t have cover v the likes of Huddersfield (no disrespect intended)

When are we likely to see any of these four again?
I mean, we couldn't have two easier games coming up if we tried, and both are at home, so I'd be amazed it any of them feature in either of those.

You'd imagine the Newcastle away game in two weeks would be a better target, but again, after that game there's another 2 week break until Burnley at home.

So, my guess would be they won't be rushed back in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.