Injuries whilst celebrating a goal!

Still have a big scar on my shin from smacking it into the seat in front in the top tier at Loftus Road. Anelka with a tap-in against Fulham, who were playing there that season. And of course you can’t see the goal beneath you, I just saw him side-footing it and only realised half a minute later that he’d missed, so the injury was futile. Though he did score the winner later if I remember rightly

Not City related but Tony Adams lifting up then dropping Steve Morrow after his league cup winning goal for the arse in 93(?). Captain Adams went up to lift the cup while Steve was stretchered off with a broken arm..
That year, the same teams met in the FA Cup Final and Steve Morrow made a quirky bit of history by becoming the first/only man to pick up his Cup winners medal before the Final had even kicked off. (Albeit, a League Cup medal).
I am a little surprised that that isn't a more common quiz question.

Also, what a legendary Arsenal side. If you think about it, they were only two trophies short of the quadruple. ;-)

Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Got cramp & went for a stretch & missed our fourth goal against Real Madrid, does that count? Far worse pain than most injuries cramp

When Paul Power scored the semi final winner at Villa Park against Ipswich I jumped out of my seat and came down with my knee cap on the edge of the seat in front.
Fuck me it hurt.

Pretty sure The Paper Boy said he damaged his knee while sliding after scoring the winner in Champions League final and it contributed to the end of his career.

I (accidentally!) dislocated my then girlfriends jaw in the Kippax when Trevor Francis scored a beauty against Wolves during the 81-82 season. Seem to think we won 2-1, the match was around Christmas time and the win put us top. Ive always been aware of those celebratory air punches ever since as i fear there may be a pay back one day. RIP Jenny, a true blue xx

Had some very nasty shins after Sterling's disallowed winner vs. Spurs in the CL...

I couldn't get to Wembley in 99 so was watching it on the sofa. I was kneeling on the edge of the seat with the tension of it all. When Dickov got the second I jumped off the sofa without unwinding my legs. Absolutely knackered my knees.

And got some minor scarring in 2012 after the Agueroooooooooo moment and falling a couple of rows forwards. Those seat backs are not designed for legs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.