Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the starting eleven is still remarkably strong even without Kev and Aguero in attacking areas. My only worry is limited rotation options for playing 3 days a week. I guess Mahrez and Torres can swap in up front but the midfield two either side of Rodri/Fernandinho will be quite light underneath Gundogan and Bernardo.

Slowly means by summer or next summer ?
I think Pep is looking at how to build a team without Kun in it. (or any recognised striker)..he clearly has had this idea for a while and he is using Kuns absence to experiment with different options...if the rumours of messi are true (and we did get him) then again this could lead to us playing without a recognised centre forward (unless you class Messi as one)...I thikn Pep is quoted somewhere as once saying that if he could pay with 11 midfielders on a pitch he would ...I know this is an exaggeration but you can see what he means the way he likes his players to paly in multiple positions and have the skill set to do so:

GK's that can pass like a midfielder
Full backs that play in midfield
Centre halves who can pass through the lines
Forwards who can play mulitple positions and drop deep and link play

Players like Foden, Bernardo Silva etc etc are dreams for Pep because they can do this...I think i heard the other day that Pep said that Foden when much more experienced will play as a defensive midfielder (or with amuch more defensive role anyway)

I dont think he will go the whole hog (ie he will have a forward like GJ for instance) but I think his ideal wouldnt be too far off this.
It would be interesting to pick Pep's mind to see if he coud have ANY player on the planey in any position from any current playing what/who would he have......????

Kun was already isolating and then tested positive for Covid during isolation so only has to isolate for ten days.

As long as he’s not too ill, he can be back for Sheff Utd.
Hope so but Kun always takes time to get back up and running after a lay off (like most players to be fair)....he isnt as naturally fit like someone like Sterling for instance) ...and Pep has repeatedly said he will need easing back in as well.

can you tell me what is negative about that post...or my numerous posts about Foden or how Cancello has vastly improved (and Ive even praised Gundogan)...or how good dias is and how zincehnko and stones look reborn.....

Maybe you are holding a mirror up to yourself my friend with your post here....just a thought.
1611359479620.gif
For what it’s worth, I think you’ve mellowed on that score, although still a guy who’s glass is half full, you’ve improved your insight and I agree on the Kun observation, definitely forward planning going on!

View attachment 8803
For what it’s worth, I think you’ve mellowed on that score, although still a guy who’s glass is half full, you’ve improved your insight and I agree on the Kun observation, definitely forward planning going on!
you have mellowed as well...gone have the days of threatening people..... Its much nicer!

you have mellowed as well...gone have the days of threatening people..... Its much nicer!
Ha, an insecure pup who accepts his shortfalls today, maturity, I like to think, is inevitable (:

What still makes this place enticing is seeing posters evolve, barriers naturally come down over time, without the attached angst and it becomes a forum for positive debate (most of the time)...

As brilliant as KDB is, it's all about the squad. Time for someone else to step up and be the dictator, cos after all 'there's no me in team'.

Kevs probably been in that supposed "red zone" for a while now and it was gonna happen eventually. That was an incredibly intense game against Villa, in the rain where the players are over stretching muscles on the slick surface. Kev is one of those players that gives 100% right to the last minute, a fantastic athlete but even he has physical limits in such conditions. In hindsight I think the medical team with all the sports science knowledge at its disposal could've maybe done better in advising Pep that his muscles needed and some recovery time.

I think Pep is looking at how to build a team without Kun in it. (or any recognised striker)..he clearly has had this idea for a while and he is using Kuns absence to experiment with different options...if the rumours of messi are true (and we did get him) then again this could lead to us playing without a recognised centre forward (unless you class Messi as one)...I thikn Pep is quoted somewhere as once saying that if he could pay with 11 midfielders on a pitch he would ...I know this is an exaggeration but you can see what he means the way he likes his players to paly in multiple positions and have the skill set to do so:

GK's that can pass like a midfielder
Full backs that play in midfield
Centre halves who can pass through the lines
Forwards who can play mulitple positions and drop deep and link play

Players like Foden, Bernardo Silva etc etc are dreams for Pep because they can do this...I think i heard the other day that Pep said that Foden when much more experienced will play as a defensive midfielder (or with amuch more defensive role anyway)

I dont think he will go the whole hog (ie he will have a forward like GJ for instance) but I think his ideal wouldnt be too far off this.
It would be interesting to pick Pep's mind to see if he coud have ANY player on the planey in any position from any current playing what/who would he have......????
I will not classify this as Pep managing Kun out, it is more of Pep planning for the future as he knows Kun will not be available throughout the season.
He has a responsibility to manage the team to perform at the highest level in Kun's absence. I am pretty sure he would like him back fully fit as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.