Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise to see the Rags are revelling in the thought of KDB being out injured.
I noticed that on the KDB article comments section on the BBC sport website. It was considered good news for them that a key player was missing from the most dangerous rivals below them. They temporarily hit top spot all be it courtesy of having played more games than us and they get all giddy, the bookies aren’t fooled.

I will not classify this as Pep managing Kun out, it is more of Pep planning for the future as he knows Kun will not be available throughout the season.
He has a responsibility to manage the team to perform at the highest level in Kun's absence. I am pretty sure he would like him back fully fit as soon as possible.
It's touch and go if he will be here next season and at this stage it is in some doubt if he will play any meaningful part in this season. It could be a sad departure unless he can get back in the saddle quickly.
Kev's injury is a set back and it could cost us dear in February. We have dealt with his absence in an admiral way in the past and hopefully we manage again this time. I think both BS and Phil can slot into his role and while they won't match his assists they are more than capable of scoring a few goals. If we do struggle I expect a lot of players from other clubs to be hit with similar injuries in the weeks ahead as tired legs and soft pitches combine.

I will not classify this as Pep managing Kun out, it is more of Pep planning for the future as he knows Kun will not be available throughout the season.
He has a responsibility to manage the team to perform at the highest level in Kun's absence. I am pretty sure he would like him back fully fit as soon as possible.
fair enough - im sure you are partly right but I dont think its the only thing....my take is that its Pep also tking advantage of a situation .....if you look at what he has done with other teams (getting rid of Ibrahimovic, Ronaldihnio and others in the past) the system he likes to play.....an on the shoulder striker like Kun hasnt really featured. Im not sure Pep has ever been truly contented with playing Kun but has had to do it in some way becuase of Kuns performances, his legendary status at the club, Kun changing his style to fit in to Peps demands (which I do wonder if Pep fully expected) - remember at one point there near the start of Peps tenure that there was clearly some tension between what/how Pep wanted to set up/play and Kuns role in the team....Kun sorted that out by changing his style but he never fully been able to adapt the way Jesus for instance can press (however Kun being a far far better goal scorer than Jesus will ever be and a much bigger goal threat may have almost forced Pep into a bit of a rethink)

Im not in anyway suggesting there is an issue in the relationship between the two of them....certainly not from Sergios side but I think Pep isnt truly comfortable in having Sergio in the side at times and now with his extended absence Pep is using this chance to adapt the team...

If Sergio stays beyond the end of this contract his last season will be interesting to see what happens.......

Last edited:
To be fair I think we played well after Kev went off, we didn't miss him and we scored 2 goals

love Kev and he’s are best player and behind Messi probably in the world. But this is so true. We looked better and won the game when he went off.

That was a tough game too. Equally as tough as say Spurs will be and far tougher than the dippers will be if they continue to play as they have lol

Honestly I'd be more worried if it was Ruben.

Plenty of attacking options available.

Get well soon Kev.

Your first sentence sums it up for me. Ruben would be awful luck plus Stones, Eddie in my opinion would certainly be more concerning losses. After that I don’t even think losing Kev is any more pivotal at this moment in time than Gundog given his general control of games and consistency this season.

Cancelo’s massive improvement and change in role has added lots more to our attack as well as making us far less susceptible to counters as he packs the midfield in possession.

And Foden is looking so dangerous and direct.. would be of equal annoyance to Kev being out.

Throw in Bernardo who’s suddenly finding great form again, so if he was suddenly out it may have hampered that or knocked him back.

I honestly think Kev slots in around the middle of the pack when judging players that we really don’t want out at this moment in time.

Also he’s played so much and always gives his all, so a rest will do him good for the run in and hopefully later stages of CL.

Get well soon Ginger Prince.

I hope Aguero gets back soon we need a forward in the absence of KDB especially for the games where teams sit back
Hopefully we can win the next 3 and build a cushion and get through Feb, luckily some of our rivals play each other so we are in a strong position with Gundogan and Bernardo in fine form
What is annoying is how the press bang on about Liverpool injuries and forget we have KDB Aguero Walker Laporte and Ake injured the majority who are normally starters .They also seem to forget about our game in hand as they bang on about Utd answers Leicester.

I just wonder if Pep is giving us the worst case scenario and then surprise us with his return for Liverpool or the game after that

Saying that I believe with our form we can still beat 'pool without KDB

Back for the Champs league. Tough run of games in February though and thankfully Bernardo is hitting form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.