Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are exactly my thoughts.

With even up to five changes, there is very little impact on the side/performances proven earlier in the season, but as we saw today - and against dirty Leeds - wholesale rotation just doesn’t work.
Especially if it involves Mendy on the team sheet!

If anything having kdb back has meant gundo has had to take a step back so I think don’t losing him is as bad as it could be .
Problem is just how many games in a row can we count on Gundo before being worried about an injury from him too

The problems we experienced today would not be solved with or without KDB on the pitch. In fact he looked either very tired today and offered little. A great player he is, but too often his presence creates a 'Give it to bloody Gordon' scenario as even his team mates look to him to be the solution all the time rather than do more themselves. It's hardly surprising we played better as a team when KDB was out as others were happy to show what they could offer. Cancelo and Gundogan are prime examples of players who have lost something in their game since KDB returned from his 1st injury.
That’s insightful but some won’t like it. I said on the match thread that we’re not the KDB team and I thought it was very easy for some players just to let KDB find a way of pulling us through (as usual). Him going off meant others had to step up.....unfortunately we lost but perhaps played better with the introduction of Gundo and Foden.

If anything having kdb back has meant gundo has had to take a step back so I think don’t losing him is as bad as it could be .

It will be in the CL through. It’s ok beating

Brighton at hone and Everton away without him but PSG over 2 legs without him would be a big ask. He was magnificent last wed. Let’s hope it’s not as bad as early indications by Pep say

Plus when we had our good run, Cancelo was in the form of his life and has fallen off a cliff last few games and Bernado was great too and he has gone a bit quiet recently.

The players need to raise themselves for once last big effort. The next 2.5 weeks are absolutely huge for us.

I think Kev is out for rest of the league season but if we were to make the CL final would have a chance of involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.