Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the meniscus and the cartlige are the same thing?

I thought the same thing and yes the Meniscus is a type of cartilage

Our bodies make different types of cartilage. Cartilage is a type of connective tissue in our body and comes in different types that serve different purposes. The knee joint has two types of cartilage inside the joint. One of the types of cartilage is called articular cartilage. The articular cartilage forms the smooth layer of the joint that covers the bone ends. A layer of articular cartilage covers the end of the thigh bone, the top of the shin bone, and the back of the kneecap.
The meniscus is a different type of cartilage that forms a shock absorber between the bones. The meniscus is not attached to the bone like the articular cartilage, but rather sits between the bone ends to cushion the joint.

According to my qualified Sport Rehabilitation daughter, she said that the three month estimate seems right as there's no ligament damage and it seems, from the information we have, it's a small tear, so nothing TOO major
So he may be back before Xmas and certainly before February / March?

@SebastianBlue and @Gordyola thanks for that.
I just asked because I've had both my knees done and thought it was my cartlige but turns out it was my meniscus.
No worries, mate — most of my education came from several knee injuries, unfortunately, with a bit from a short stint on the med track at uni (before going in a very different direction).

After the first surgery and second injury, I did a lot of research and spoke to a few physician mates to make sure my next surgery/treatment was the best path forward. Still quite a lot to learn about it (and will need to do, given I’ll eventually need a replacement), though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.