Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll give you a million to one against us getting any sort of justice from VAR against Franco’s Finest.
But if City win there Guardiola would love it, just love it. Justice for Catalonia too.

I’ll give you a million to one against us getting any sort of justice from VAR against Franco’s Finest.

Our chances of VAR not killing us depends on the outcome of the UEFA investigation. If it goes badly and ends in acrimony we're fucked. If it ends with all parties happy and new best buddies.... we'll see

I bet other football fans who read these comments find them bizarre and yet City fans have watched our side be done over again and again in the latter rounds year after year over the last decade. It's part of the reason that many City fans think this competition is bent.

I don't think it's any more bent than the Premier League where VAR routinely favours Man Utd and Liverpool, however what does that say? I think referees are not bent as in corrupt, but the system is favouring the 'history' clubs. It should just make us more determined to win it all.

I have seen some complete exasperation on City player's faces at the VAR decisions. If any journalist is thinking about a story, go back and research City's history in the CL and look through the number of controversial decisions in the latter stages. Bad luck or design? It's probably somewhere in between but definitely a story. One they wont be bothered to tell though. Too much trouble.

I bet other football fans who read these comments find them bizarre and yet City fans have watched our side be done over again and again in the latter rounds year after year over the last decade. It's part of the reason that many City fans think this competition is bent.

I don't think it's any more bent than the Premier League where VAR routinely favours Man Utd and Liverpool, however what does that say? I think referees are not bent as in corrupt, but the system is favouring the 'history' clubs. It should just make us more determined to win it all.

I have seen some complete exasperation on City player's faces at the VAR decisions. If any journalist is thinking about a story, go back and research City's history in the CL and look through the number of controversial decisions in the latter stages. Bad luck or design? It's probably somewhere in between but definitely a story. One they wont be bothered to tell though. Too much trouble.

Pretty much agree. I think the club could help reduce the number of bad decisions we get though if our PR team made the effort to highlight the ones where a tight or inconsistent decision has gone against us.

If we call it out and show the evidence, compared with similar decisions not going against the 'history clubs' and Spurs, then maybe the FA would have to start being more fair as everyone would be questioning decisions against us, or refs might feel they owed us a more lenient decision for once.

Pretty much agree. I think the club could help reduce the number of bad decisions we get though if our PR team made the effort to highlight the ones where a tight or inconsistent decision has gone against us.

If we call it out and show the evidence, compared with similar decisions not going against the 'history clubs' and Spurs, then maybe the FA would have to start being more fair as everyone would be questioning decisions against us, or refs might feel they owed us a more lenient decision for once.
Pep probably considers it as something that's out of control, and therefore something that is not worth considering, however is it out of our control?

Ferguson used to put great pressure on the referees and there's huge pressure on match officials when they are at Old Trafford or the Kop. It's mental. The VAR official might not be in the stadium but I bet they feel the pressure too. Pep has neglected to play mind games. Perhaps he should. It's difficult though. If Pep started to discuss refereeing inconsistency the next match official might look to be even harsher than usual just to show that he was not going to be weak. I'm sure in the past when City fans have started to boo referees like Graham Poll it made them even more awkward.

You need a position of strength to start to do this. In short to be able to win a game handsomely even if the refereeing odds are against you, a bit like we were last year in games against the bottom half. We just aren't good enough this year. I suspect Peps not interested in such shite anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.