Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
johnny crossan said:
No concern over Zabaleta injury - Platt

Pablo Zabaleta limped off with a foot injury against Fulham

Manchester City have played down concerns over defender Pablo Zabaleta's foot injury.

The in-form Argentina right-back was hurt in a clash with Brede Hangeland in the second half of City's 2-0 Barclays Premier League victory over Fulham at the Etihad Stadium. He returned to action after leaving the field for treatment but limped off and was substituted a few minutes later.

But first-team coach David Platt does not think Zabaleta's problem is serious and has suggested he could even feature at Stoke in the FA Cup fourth round next week, and he said: "He has gone over on his ankle. We don't have another game for a week. We will have a look in the morning but I would be surprised if he was out for next week."

With City's other two right-backs, Micah Richards and Maicon, already sidelined by injuries and another option in Kolo Toure at the African Nations Cup, there were fears of a shortage in the position.

Press Association
3 weeks
3 weeks?! Wow. Three Right backs and we are still having a crisis there.

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Wreckless Alec said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
bbc.png

Bloody hell, they have a coach for everything these days.

Reading the title and quote together is hilarious enough. 'Ass manager. "Sore in the morning"....

Laughed out loud for a solid 5 minutes.

BlueTony said:
The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
If he's out for the next match, who's in at RB?

Micah and Maicon are crocked, Kolo's at ACON...

Milner deputising at RB? Boyata?!

Zabba out for a game? are you having a laugh? If his leg was amputated then maybe otherwise he will play

You don't say...

I know he's a warrior, but the question was IF he's ruled out...

Paul Wilson in Observer says he kicked Fulham players studs. Other reports said he went over on his ankle. Not sure I share Platt's confidence that it's not a serious injury. If Zab goes off, it's serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.