Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed to go out of the FA Cup but losing KDB for the CL would be very damaging to our chances, for sure. Fingers crossed he’s alright and if so, we are still in a fantastic position.

Disappointed to go out of the FA Cup but losing KDB for the CL would be very damaging to our chances, for sure. Fingers crossed he’s alright and if so, we are still in a fantastic position.
Agreed I think we can get by in the League and Carabou Cup without him, but the CL is a different matter. Just hope Kev is back for the semi final, hopefully we may get a better idea of the severity of the injury later today.

So in an FA Cup semi final team Pep picked seemed like he was tossing the game off. He played our most influential Assist provider in a solitary midfield role with a double pivot of Rhodri and Fern trying to protect space in front of our defense. Why would he risk playing Kev in a deconstructed team like this.

How many more games is Pep prepared to toss of, Leeds and Aston Villa in the league? Spurs in the Carabao Cup?

Tomorrow United could be 8 behind, tossing off the Villa game could leave us 5 points in front with 15 point to play for.

PSG and no Kev doesn`t bear thinking about. WTAF
Don't think for one moment Pep or any of the players are tossing games off, a double pivot of Rhodri and Fern looked like it was needed to protect the defence of two, Laporte & Dias, I can't include Mendy and Cancelo as defenders as they didn't do any defending, Pep will insist on using full back as wingers or midfielders, Walker and Zinchenko actually consider defence first, and attack when safe to do so, and are capable of getting back if needed. Mendy doesn't bother coming back, and Cancelo seems to have lost all direction in what his part in the team is.

Dias and Laporte were so far apart yesterday because of getting dragged to the wings Chelsea could have put a bus between them. Ferni played well, but Rodri's game seems affected by Ferni being there.
So if Pep knows he needs to protect the back two, because of full back issues why play them?

KDB with no close support as he has when he has Foden, Gundog, Mahrez or Silva moving consistently to create space and take passes. I lost count the number of times Kehe tried to find one of the front three yesterday and ended up passing back or using Mendy or Cancelo with no end product.

The front three are so off form it's shocking, you can accommodate one of them at a time with other players, Foden, Gundog, Mahrez or Silva to help them rebuild confidence and form but playing them together, please not again until the league is won.

You are exactly right about Kev being exposed in the team yesterday, he tired so hard, covered so much ground, no wonder he got injured.

Picking a one man creative midfield. Picking two wide men one massively out of form in Sterling, the other a 20 year old who has found his scoring boot but at present couldn`t beat an egg. both offered no service what so ever to an isolated Jesus. two defensive midfields. Our 2nd goalie and Mendy who should never be allowed to wear our blue shirt again.

Not for the 1st time has Pep picked a team that flattered to deceive before a ball was even kicked. And I think he`ll do it again either against Villa or Spurs or against both. If we lose one or both of these games the pressure is on. If it`s only Spurs we could be trying to win 2 trophies if it Villa as we we could be 5 in front of the scum with 15 points to play for.

I know what a big statement this is but hand on heart, I`m concerned he`ll toss off the League Cup and the Villa game and Get beaten by PSG. We can end up with no FA Cup tossed off, No League Cup tossed off, Beaten by PSG and struggling to hang on to the League.

I hear you. Likewise a big statement from me but if that happens I honestly don't mind. If we won the FA Cup and League Cup and gave a poor performance in the CL *again* then I wouldn't care about the cups. If we throw everything at the CL and still mess up then very disappointing but at least we focused on it for once.

without Kev going to PSG coming away with a draw or at worse a 1-0 defeat wouldnt be a bad result. hopefully he'd be fit for the return leg, if not we could still overcome the above scores

without Kev going to PSG coming away with a draw or at worse a 1-0 defeat wouldnt be a bad result. hopefully he'd be fit for the return leg, if not we could still overcome the above scores
I find 1-0 away an awful result in the CL. When they inevitably score at our place we instantly need 3 goals. We have to score. Get beat 2-1,3-2, gives us something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.