Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I’m gutted to see stones injured it’s hardly southgates fault. He hasn’t played for a week so it’s not like he has been overworked.
Just because city fans can’t bare international football doesn’t mean the players feel the same.

Hopefully it’s just a tweak or a niggle and stones was being cautious and not risking it for a chocolate biscuit.

Why was stones even selected thought the whole point of these friendly games was to give fringe players or try out other players what would Southgate have gained playing a regular first team player absolutely all on Southgate the fucking ponce if stones is out for a number of weeks .. but it’s ok as long as he is fit for England..

Genuinely thought this was a meme at first. I fucking predicted this would happen and I didn't need my mystic Meg cloak on to do so. He's left Kyle walker out because he knows what walker is about. How does he not know that Stones is by far and away the best English centre back, he's got white and guehi to look at plus Mings and Coady looking to prove they're not both shit and maguire looking for a game where he isn't the worst player on the pitch, add to that there's players like Tomori looking for a way in, no need at all to have called Stones up. As a club we are shit at throwing our weight around and getting key players pulled out of international duty. TAA will miraculously be back after the internationals.

Praying its nothing, expecting the worst but regardless, let's stop our entire squad playing pointless friendlies every international break.

England beat Switzerland 2-1 with Phil Foden, Jack Grealish and Raheem Sterling all taking part in what proved to be a hard-fought victory.
Foden was the only City player to start the game – a rarity in recent seasons where Gareth Southgate has often selected four or five players in his first XI.

On a more worrying note, John Stones was forced to pull-out of the starting XI after picking up a knock in the warm-up before kick-off and was replaced by Arsenal's Ben White.

At this moment in time, it is unclear what the issue is but Pep Guardiola will be keeping his fingers crossed it was a precautionary move more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.