Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who is better, Rico Lewis or Josh Wilson-Esbrand. JWE at LB would put Cancelo at RB and I think he is better on that side.
Fortunately, they both look good.

At least we have Gomez (who's been very impressive so far) who can cover LB, which might limit Wilson-Esbrands chances.

I think Rico Lewis is arguably better technically (positioning, composure, passing) than JWE, but JWE has more of an attacking instinct*

*My view is based on about 20 minutes of live football.

So Walker and Phillips could both now miss the World Cup. Bad for them but might be useful for us.

I really don’t think that message Walker is posted is the message of a player who thinks he’s missing the World Cup.

And Phillips has his surgery when he did precisely so he wouldn’t miss it.

Until confirmed otherwise I would assume both are going to Qatar.

I also think both are players Southgate would take even if they were only supposed to be fit to play the knockouts, like Maguire in Euro 2020.

Bad luck for Walker, he hasn't looked 100% since January. Hopefully he recovers well and is back for the restart after Qatar.

Againts Liverpool id like to see Ake at LB and Cancelo RB - or - Akanji at RB and Cancelo LB.

Sergio Gomez is defensively is not ready to play big games at LB.

Rico Lewis was very impressive yesterday, id like to see him get more minutes.

Is it me or do we always seem to cop for injuries when we are due to play Liverpool?
We had a lot out in the semi from what I remember. Jinxed again

Lets hope for a return immediately after the world cup as it seems likely he will miss our next 10 competitive games.

We know the inhalers will come out for Liverpool when they play us, they always raise their game for us. But we've got plenty of options even with Walker injured. Akanji/Cancelo at RB with Gomez at LB. Or Ake at LB. We might lose a little going forwards, but we've got enough in the midfield/attacking areas with Haaland for that not to matter. We'll beat them at Anfield no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.