Inspired

bluemooninho

Today, for the first time, I saw a Hughes tactical change which I though made the difference between us and them in a game.

Pushing Richards out to right back and using Zab as a 2nd befensive midfielder, really made a difference. Up until the point where Dunne got stupidly sent off (why did he do it??) our defense had virtually nothing to worry about as Zab and Kompany just seemed to mop everything up before it got to them. Our possession in the first half must have been over 70%, and that was due to the strength we had in mid-field.

Also, after Dunne was sent off, there were numerous occassions where Zab put great tackles to break up the start of a move. Without this strength, there is a good chance we would have lost the game.

So Hughes, I have moaned about your tactical decisions in the past, so to show no biased, I applaud you for this change today. Well done.

CTID

bluemooninho said:
Today, for the first time, I saw a Hughes tactical change which I though made the difference between us and them in a game.

Pushing Richards out to right back and using Zab as a 2nd befensive midfielder, really made a difference. Up until the point where Dunne got stupidly sent off (why did he do it??) our defense had virtually nothing to worry about as Zab and Kompany just seemed to mop everything up before it got to them. Our possession in the first half must have been over 70%, and that was due to the strength we had in mid-field.

Also, after Dunne was sent off, there were numerous occassions where Zab put great tackles to break up the start of a move. Without this strength, there is a good chance we would have lost the game.

So Hughes, I have moaned about your tactical decisions in the past, so to show no biased, I applaud you for this change today. Well done.

CTID

I think that when Hughes gets the squah he wants, who can play the way he wants, the tactical decisions will (seem to) improve. He has been intent on pressure further up the pitch and at times we have struggled to do that with our current personnel. Let's hope for more than just one more signing this window and we'll improve ten-fold.

bluemooninho said:

CTID

I think that when Hughes gets the squah he wants, who can play the way he wants, the tactical decisions will (seem to) improve. He has been intent on pressure further up the pitch and at times we have struggled to do that with our current personnel. Let's hope for more than just one more signing this window and we'll improve ten-fold.

bluemooninho said:

CTID

I think that when Hughes gets the squad he wants, who can play the way he wants, the tactical decisions will (seem to) improve. He has been intent on pressure further up the pitch and at times we have struggled to do that with our current personnel. Let's hope for more than just one more signing this window and we'll improve ten-fold.

bluemooninho said:

CTID

I think that when Hughes gets the squad he wants, who can play the way he wants, the tactical decisions will (seem to) improve. He has been intent on pressure further up the pitch and at times we have struggled to do that with our current personnel. Let's hope for more than just one more signing this window and we'll improve ten-fold.

Interesting that when we went down to 10, he put Kompany in defence.

I thought Zab would have gone RB and Richards into the middle. Does anyone else think this means Kompany will end up in defence for us?

Thaksins Love Child said:
Interesting that when we went down to 10, he put Kompany in defence.

I thought Zab would have gone RB and Richards into the middle. Does anyone else think this means Kompany will end up in defence for us?

It's a distinct possibility. But, I wouldn't read too much into it. Rather than swap 2 or 3 players around, he decided to just move one. Sensible if you ask me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.